1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello some remember me... some dont...

No worries anyways...

Well here is my issue...
(I am going to the dealer today to have them take a look at it should still be under warrenty, as if I remember correctly the 03 2.3 'PZEV' as we used to call them came with a 5 year 100k mile power train warrenty... I think... I hope )

This just started today, my mods are listed below... and for informational purposes I use mobil 1 0-20 oil, and the mobil 1 oil filter.

Today, as I was getting off the FWY, and making a left, after I got to about 2500 RPM, the engine started making a knocking sound, I am guessing valves, or not enough oil is getting to the top of the engine... no clue why... as I am religious about changing my oil, every 3000 miles, the car now has about 41500 miles on it... it is an 03 as I stated earlier, with a manual trans... last oil change was 2500 miles ago, so I check the oil level, and it is not a quart low... but 2 quarts low I was like 0.o... so I put in some fresh oil, hoping that would solve the problem... no luck....

provided my dealer doesnt give me a hastle about the aftermarket intake and exhaust (which they shouldnt).

·
Capital Obvious
2,562 Posts
Let us know how it turns out. Do you do your own oil changes?

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
I remember ya... and you're correct about the 5/100 Powertrain warranty.

So sometime in 2500 miles you lost 2 Quarts of oil?! I assume you haven't noticed huge puddles lying around in that time? And when you added the 2 quarts back in, did it still do the knocking (hence "no luck")?

Good luck at the dealer, keep us updated on what they find out for you...[B)]

·
Livin' it up in Cali
2,005 Posts
you shouldn't get hassled about the intake and exhaust, I had those parts on my car when it needed a new motor and Ford just bolted them up to it for me, no problems.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
BluePZEVRacer said:
you shouldn't get hassled about the intake and exhaust, I had those parts on my car when it needed a new motor and Ford just bolted them up to it for me, no problems.
How many miles did you have on the car?

Cause I think that they are trying to give me the run around...
They even wrote me an estimate of $300 for teardown, in case Ford wouldn't warrenty it...

no... I added the 2 quarts of oil and still the knocking, and no on the huge puddles of oil anywhere... they think it is something wrong with the connecting rods... but I really dont know... and wont until wednesday, when the inspector comes out...
[?|]
Originally posted byMyBlackST
Do you do your own oil changes?
Yes

·
Registered
284 Posts
Man I hope this works out for you.

·
Registered
54 Posts
your mods have nothing to do with internal engine damage. if the dealer hassles you in Any way go directly to Ford and raise hell. make sure you have all your oil & filter reciepts as well. good luck.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sturge said:
your mods have nothing to do with internal engine damage. if the dealer hassles you in Any way go directly to Ford and raise hell. make sure you have all your oil & filter reciepts as well. good luck.
I am in trouble then...
I never got reciepts for them, as I just used my pop's shop....
then again my pops would vouge for me.... as he knows that I am religious about changing my oil...

·
Registered
249 Posts
With not having receipts, you might be up poop creek without a paddle. I hope you are friends with the dealer. I am good with my dealer. Let us know what was wrong at least.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
I suspect the crank key... or crank bolt. It's not uncommon to hear of a story where the crank can get misaligned and throw everything way off... oil will leak and belts can slip?

Just my theory... Good luck

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well...
I have some news.....
They didnt find sludge in the engine... so now it is more likely that they will warranty it...
>.>

or according to my service advisor... he also sad that because of that they may not have to send out an engineer from the factory... says something about using good oil ;)

·
Registered
46 Posts
i'd just start whine'n for a new long-block from FORD. get the local field rep's phone# and just start whine'n, you must put these people in the right frame of mind! squeeky wheel gets the grease!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The problem is, that even though there was nothing that said that it was not a factory warrenty, it is an aftermarket warranty after 36k... so it is up to the company that ford choose... not me...

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
more serious than I thought....
O.O
apparently my main Rod bearings (all of them) are shot, with metal shavings everywhere, the one plus is that they said they couldn't tell the difference between my oil pan and on that is on a car with 3K miles on it (read: well taken care of)
so now ford has requested a cost analysis for repairs vs engine replacement...
I am hoping for the latter.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I dont think they have torn the top end of the engine appart yet.. I think they are hoping they don't have to.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts