Registered
209 Posts
Holy bass batman!

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Wow your not messing around!
Well lets see some specks.
I only have one 12 in the back of mine and it hurts my head, but two is hard core!

·
Registered
209 Posts
how much was the box and subs setup? are they L7's?

EDIT: just saw the bottom of the subs... but still wanna know about the price lol.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Jeeeeeeeesus! You could start a small earthquake off the shore of Japan with that!

...too soon?

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
l3's 2 12's obviously jbl 4 channel mmats d block 4 sets of speakers 1/0 gauge to 1 distribution block and 3 runs of 4 gauge

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i believe the box was like 400 it's a prefab built to kickers specs...I was having a problem with the box sliding around with the stock trunk liner in there so i just wound up taking out the trunk liner all together for a couple of weeks, then yesterday I said eff this I gotta do something about the way this system looks so I cut a piece of 3/4 mdf and traced the outline of the stock trunk liner and used that. I had to cut it down the middle because it wouldnt fit I used light grey carpet because that's all my boys had at nitro sound, I did all the work myself it took me a good oh i'd say 6 hours to get it to where I wanted it. But the end result was well worth it I'm going to add some neons within the next couple of days.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
You have no trunk...........

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Dude, you trying to blow your trunk lid off?!?! You're gonna be slammin the nutz outta your Foci!! lol, I like it!

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think I'm going to start to have alternator problems all thought I havent yet and I've had this exact same system for 5 months or so...I dont even have the heat extractor on the alternator anymore I did however do the big 3 so I'm sure that's helping my volts are running 13.7 13.8.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
I give you a week then you'll be trying to find a way to keep the focus from rattling lol I had 2 jl 12w6v2 subs running off a jl 1000/1v2 amp in mine a few months back(= basically I started in a sealed box to the specs of the subs and it hit damn hard. So hard that people wouldn't get in my car unless I turned it down. O and I had a bat cap 2000 model in my trunk with it(= it was a beast. Just sold it Friday. Anyways story continued. I went and had a custom slot ported box designed from a jl employee that works at the test facility in Florida. Through email we talked tons and he helped me to decide what I wanted to do and how to proceed. The box was tuned to 31hz And if anyone knows about car audio that is the low note that youfeel shake the living crap out of everything!! I pulled up to dominoes so my buddy could run in and pick up our carry out. With the stock head unit turned about 6/10 the way up he said the rack inside dominoes that holds the pizza boxes was literally shaking, the counter with the register vibrated So hard the change in the register shook when the guy went to give him change lol. They told my buddy a lot of people pull up and try to bump but no one ever comes that close(= point of story- I ended up buying two of the huge dynamite bulk kits and did every squar inch of my trunk,trunk lid, rear deck, spare area, walls, every inch... They focus rattled a little less but to be honest our cars just aren't meant to Withstand the bass lol no matter what you do the rear bumper is going to vibrate. Even when I tightened it down. It was nice before I debated though to see the focus on the back go blurry(= let me know if you need any help with car audio. I love to help others with it, and just a head up, your mpg's just dropped by at least 5+(= I promise lol

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
I think I'm going to start to have alternator problems all thought I havent yet and I've had this exact same system for 5 months or so...I dont even have the heat extractor on the alternator anymore I did however do the big 3 so I'm sure that's helping my volts are running 13.7 13.8.
That extra bat you have in the trunk will help to protect it some but Essentially your alt still has to recharge them both after the charge is released. Look into estatic bat caps. They are high performance car audio batteries but they charge and release energy as fast as a capacitor putting a lot less strain on your alt because it recharges much faster and more efficiently than a battery, even other car audio batteries. The best thing you can do is a alt upgrade. Our alt is only 110amps. The car requires 50-60amps to run properly and efficiently, especially since our cars are so electronically managed and throttled now. That leaves you with let's say 50 amps just to be safe. Even the jl 500/1 with it's state of the art regulated power supply that is patented by jl uses 54amps. The 1000 watt jl pulls right at 90amps. This should give you a perspective. And I didnt have a second amp for mids and highs. That is probably pulling another 20-30 amps. Trust me from experience with my previous vehicle, it will damage more than just your alt by doing this prolonged. It will actually ruin the engine management system of the car[?|]

·
Registered
508 Posts
TWO THUMBS UP BROTHA!!!

thats a fat gauge cable you got

WOOT!!

·
Registered
3,458 Posts

This is the box I custom built for them it's 3/4inch mdf braced then the front baffle si 1.5inches thick:) the subs are below in the custom sealed box, just never took a pic installed in the ported one

·
Registered
508 Posts
hey by chance is your dash cut to fit that screen or is it something you bought?
(;

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hey chase actually the fofo doesnt rattle that bad it's just the trunk and that's it, I'm not running any dynamat at all except on the tag.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts