Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. So I was washing my car at the do it yourself car wash place. Had the scrubble brush on and was scrubbing the roof when all of a sudden my antenna broke off. Wasn't putting any unnecessary pressure on it either. Bad thing is it broke off on a way that I need to get a whole new antenna mount. I looked on ebay since I thought if I need to get a new one, might as well get a shorty. But to no avail, I didn't find any. Anyone know where I can get a new one besides Ford? Anyone know if Ray has them? I could look and not be so lazy! Any help is appreciated

·
Registered
446 Posts
well first off, that sux, sorry bro. secondly, haha ... maybe you could use a wire hanger. ....jk

the dealer would be the only place i could think of, or maybe a junkyard. just dosent seem like the kinda thing people would have in stock.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
hope you got lots of good CDs, i say screw the antenna and get a roof scoop[:p]

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well if I could get a hanger to stay in place, I would! But luckily the reciever on the head unit is pretty good, so I'm still gettin signal. Guess now would be a good time to go buy that Sirius antenna.

I was thinkin it was gonna be more expensive than that from the dealer. Have to call the local and have them order me one today I suppose.

The roof scoop would be cool....cept I drive a ZTS. Would be original though

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Here's an original Focus antenna and roof mount on Ebay
Ooops...Looks like U already found it......[:D]

Here are some shorty antennas on Ebay

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for bein on the lookout for me though! I just got lucky and happened on it last night. Hope I don't get outbid on it. That usually happens to me though.

Yeah all I need is the damn piece that attachs to the roof. Can't seem to find just that. And whne I do I will be gettin a shorty. More than likely a black one since I can't seem to find anything good that goes with my car. Since it is a green one.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Once again you guys come to my rescue! Thanks a million! I probably would have tore into it not being sure as to where the hell to start. Maybe next I'll have to debadge it. But winter is coming so it's time to start saving.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts