Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just spent the whole day yesterday cleaning out my car. I took the center piece out with the cup holders and everything and cleaned that up. I also took out all 3 seats...and only put back the driver seat...So I'm guessing the reason why my airbag light is on is because my passanger seat is out and its not plugged in. I haven't put it back in because its in the process of being cleaned. Is it possible that the light is on because the passanger seat is not plugged in?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Passenger seat has pretensioner on female end attached to seat. Hope you disconnected the battery first before disconnecting. You dont want that pretensioner blowing off, wont hurt you like airbag but is about as loud as a shotgun and expensive to replace. You must complete the depowering procedure! The restraints control module monitors the resistance of the circuit and will throw a light when the reading is out of spec. It now sees infinite resistance!

·
Registered
24 Posts
In general all passive restriant wires will be surrounded by a yellow jacket( I belive it is federal standards) But. I helps to learn about what you unplug before you unplug it.
On a newer car with side airbags you could easily kill yourself palying with the seats.
I don't want to sound like an [email protected] but air bags can and will kill you.
The moral of the story is if you see any wires surrounded by yellow loom or heat shrink don't touch them, without having the battery disconected for atleast ten minutes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.