Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, the dealer finally got the HID's installed but now the passenger side light shakes whenever I hit a bump. The lights themselves are secure but I can see the projector lens itself shake around when I bump the light with my fist. This can't be right, has anyone else had this problem? I was also wondering if anyone was diapointed in the poor high beam performance? When I turn the high beams on I can see everything a mile out but anything right in front and especially to the side is dark. The only other thing I noticed is that my grill mounted turn signals no longer work.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Take it back to the dealer, they shafted you so hard man, they either didn't install it properly and with those turn signals they most likely didn't even hook them back up if they even disconnected them, which they shouldn't have.

·
Focus Addict
1,245 Posts
Seems like the moral to this story is turning out to be: Dont get the HID headlights after the fact. Buy them already installed from the factory. Oh well.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I took the light out today and figured out what was making it shake. It turns out the vertical adjustment screw was detached from the light housing which allowed the projector lens to simply bounce around inside the housing. The adjustment screw has a knob on one end and a ball on the other. The ball is supposed to ride in a track on the light housing but for some reason my ball was out of the track. To fix it I just screwed the nut all the way in until the ball forced itself back into the track. Now I just need to figure out how to properly aim the headlights. I don't see how it can easily be done. You can't access that adjustment knob unless the back cover of the light is off and you can't get the cover off unless you completely remove the light. Anyone know how this is done? The owners manual also states that there is no horizontal adjustment for th lights so what the heck are the two adjustment screws on the top of each light for? I also attached a link to a picture of the adjustment screw that was out of track so you guys can see what I am talking about.

http://www.nissanoffroad.net/images/Mike/Focus_light.JPG

·
Registered
798 Posts
The turn signals in your grill are replaced by the signals in the headlights. You can paint the lights if you want to doesn't matter. To adjust the headlights, there are two adjusters on the top. Fender side is Horizontal, Radiator side is vertical.
You can see them on this picture towards the top of the light, they are the white wheels. Ignore the arrow in the picture.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Focus, so if you can adjust the lights using the adjusters on the top of the lights why have the big vertical adjustment knob under the panel on the back of the lights?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts