Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright posted this earlier and got no comments so ill try again. my selector knob on my air (the one that selects between my different vents) has pullies on it which allows it to select the vents. those pullies are stretched. i need to find out the technical term for that whole assembly, so i can go and purchase a new one. if anyone can help that would be great

·
фанатик
5,056 Posts
This?

"Function Selector Cable Assembly
The function selector cable assembly moves the airflow mode doors to the desired position using a two-sided pull-pull type cable assembly. The function selector controls the cable movement. The end of the cable assembly attaches to the airflow mode door/temperature blend door actuating assembly which transfers the cable movement to the two airflow mode doors.

An electrical switch is incorporated into the function selector to notify the A/C switch assembly if DEFROST or FLOOR/DEFROST is selected. When DEFROST or FLOOR/DEFROST is selected, the A/C switch assembly will disable the RECIRC request button and send an A/C request to the powertrain control module (PCM) regardless of the A/C request button indicator ON/OFF status."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts