Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, I'm new on the forum and have a 2013 SE that's new to me. I have a few questions to start with:

How would I go about de-badging?

My car is an automatic. What would be some good mods to do for more power, and what would be pointless?
Before I get modding under the hood though I have to take it to the dealership cause the transmission. Is acting goofy. ( jerks and grinds when I take off from a start) anyone else have this issue?

Looking forward to share my updates with yall.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If it's new the jerk and grind will be there for a while as you get used to driving it, I broke mine in and it rides perfect. De badging looks great, be sure to throw some stickers back there though. There are great YouTube vids to see how to do this, but basically run a hair dryer to warm up the badge for 45 seconds to a minute and 30 seconds. After that run some floss or plastic string behind it to take it off. There may be sticky residue (glue) just wipe it off with water and a rag maybe even a flat edged credit card or whatever. When you get all that off, use rubbing compound to get that stuck on dirt off (small amount doe).

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
^^ do that for the debadging. as for power. add a drop in filter from K&N or green filters and do the snorkel delete. Get a tune, and a cat back exhaust. you'll pick up close to 30 hp that way. some other good mods would be a stiffer rear motor mount and a stiffer rear sway bar. Check out steedafocus.com and fswerks.com they offer alot of parts for these cars. also check out the performance section for lots of info on all the stuff you want to do.
DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
Tune, drop in, new mission mod, and a RMM will give you increased power and more importantly improved driving feel. They will also give the most most bang for your buck without increasing cabin noise very much and keeping the ride stock (comfortable). As far as power you can gain more but you sacrifice a lot of comfort with noise and vibrations. I'd recommend going with an axle-back exhaust if you want a little something for noise, and doing the RSB if you want better handling without loosing the soft ride. If you don't care as much about comfort go all out and buy the header and 2.5' catback.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts