Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have true 2.5" catback borla system custom made. LaminX Front headlights 6%, Yellow Foglights, 6000k 55w HID, 3000K Foglamp HID, and I have the Ford Wing being painted. Also Added the all season floor mats and the OEM Mud flaps. 30% Ceramic Tint with 50% Windshield

Info for exhaust (rep is always appreciated)

1)Borla ProXS Muffler 40842S

2)Borla ProXS Muffler 3" Off In 2.5" Off Out 19" Case

2.5" pipe and a mandrel bender :)

Questions, concerns feel free.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Sounds/looks awesome. How much did they charge you on the exhaust? And do you have word on whether this will be mass produced?

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
What are your headlights doing and how do I get mine to do that? o_O (That is, only one light is lit...) Unless mine already do that and I'm just ignorant (this is possible)...

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What are your headlights doing and how do I get mine to do that? o_O (That is, only one light is lit...) Unless mine already do that and I'm just ignorant (this is possible)...
High beams arent on so ofcourse one side of the lights is off silly ofcourse yours do the same thing [clap]

Sounds/looks awesome. How much did they charge you on the exhaust? And do you have word on whether this will be mass produced?
Well I wish borla had plans to make a dual exhaust version but for now its only a custom modification. I would expect Borla to charge 600 or so for this exhaust.
It was around 650 fabricated and installed.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
...disregard this comment completely.

I guess I don't look at my headlights enough!

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmm... I guess I never really looked at my headlights... the blue does look cool, though. (wait... are those blue?)
No worries and Thanks they look blue in the picture but their 100% white and to human eyes we all see white with a slight blue. but it seems the camera only picks up the blue.

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
...disregard this comment completely.

I guess I don't look at my headlights enough!
LMAO like I said no big deal!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have true 2.5" catback borla system custom made. LaminX Front headlights 6%, Yellow Foglights, 6000k 55w HID, 3000K Foglamp HID, and I have the Ford Wing being painted. Also Added the all season floor mats and the OEM Mud flaps. 30% Ceramic Tint with 50% Windshield

Info for exhaust (rep is always appreciated)

1)Borla ProXS Muffler 40842S

2)Borla ProXS Muffler 3" Off In 2.5" Off Out 19" Case

2.5" pipe and a mandrel bender :)

Questions, concerns feel free.
Looks and sounds great. I now have 2300 miles on my new 2012 Titanium. I ordered it about 3 months ago and it took 8 weeks to get here. (I need to post some pictures) The only thing I did not order on it was the self parking package. I have made a trip from Saint Louis to Denver and got 38.6 miles per gallon on one section of Interstate 70 while I was cruising at 80 to 85 mph. Just got back from Arkansas and only got an average of 37 mpg. I am impressed with car. The Tuscan leather interior is just too cool. I did run it up to 115 mph but the cross wind in Kansas started to push me around too much so I had to back off. I would like to change the stock air filter system to see if it will give me a little better start on the low end. Any suggestions? Gene

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks and sounds great. I now have 2300 miles on my new 2012 Titanium. I ordered it about 3 months ago and it took 8 weeks to get here. (I need to post some pictures) The only thing I did not order on it was the self parking package. I have made a trip from Saint Louis to Denver and got 38.6 miles per gallon on one section of Interstate 70 while I was cruising at 80 to 85 mph. Just got back from Arkansas and only got an average of 37 mpg. I am impressed with car. The Tuscan leather interior is just too cool. I did run it up to 115 mph but the cross wind in Kansas started to push me around too much so I had to back off. I would like to change the stock air filter system to see if it will give me a little better start on the low end. Any suggestions? Gene
Not a Fan of Weapon R but their Ram Air Intake kit is just awesome. Just ordered it myself.

·
Registered
2 Posts
thanks, please let me know what you think after you install it. I have done K&N on other Ford cars and had improved performance and mileage. but would like to spend my money on other's experience on this car.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
just an FYI... you're gonna lose some power with a 2.5" exhaust. My Mazdaspeed 3 came stock with a 2.5" exhaust, and it was sufficient for the turbocharged engine, but you've greatly reduced the backpressure of your car with that exhaust by expanding the diameter so much. You should have just went with big tips, not 2.5" all the way, just my .02. I know a lot of N/A Mazda 3 guys will put the Mazdaspeed 3 catback portion on their cars, because it fits the same, and they lose some power with it. Sounds good, but power is lost.

·
Registered
68 Posts
We have the same car FocusBoy58....thanks for showing me what it looks like with tint! and the yellow fogs..made my life a lot easier :)

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We have the same car FocusBoy58....thanks for showing me what it looks like with tint! and the yellow fogs..made my life a lot easier :)
Im glad you like it! Thanks guys

1 - 13 of 13 Posts