Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 60 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Thanks. And yes when I eventually get my 3d carbon kit I'm gonna have that painted, the front bumper repainted designed like I do and I'm gonna have them do the door handles and the pillar pieces.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Thanks. And yes when I eventually get my 3d carbon kit I'm gonna have that painted, the front bumper repainted designed like I do and I'm gonna have them do the door handles and the pillar pieces.
I had the painted door handles and mirror caps added to mine when I had the 3d carbon front lip added. I recently took off the 3d carbon front lip though as it was starting to make the front bumper sag down... It looked sportier with it on it, but wasn't worth the sagging front bumper to me(=

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
If I run into the issue with it sagging I will add some braces or something to keep it on there. It looks so good in my opinion and i will make it work lol.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Plan on getting the rest of the kit sometime soon too. may or may not get the lip though, ive heard of others with it making the bumper sag as well.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Better shot

[/IMG]

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
If I run into the issue with it sagging I will add some braces or something to keep it on there. It looks so good in my opinion and i will make it work lol.
I added in braces. it is the polyurethane bumper cover itself that starts to warp and cause the sagging. There was no way to add in bracing or support to stop where it was sagging. The additional weight on the stock bumper causes the bumper cover to warp even with all the bracing I added. You end up with space under your headlights and the seams of your bumper not lining up. Noone else would notice I guess but it drives me crazy....

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Hmmm, well i know a few fabricators. I'm sure if it was an issue I know someone that could rig up a solution. Even if I have to resort to some unseen zip ties. Shhhh dont tell anyone lol

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Well I went to Ford today to find out why my windshield washer fluid is spraying under my hood lol. Turns out I need a new nozzle. So I purchased one. While I was at it I did a little wish list shopping and have plotted out a few things I intend to get next year to continue my build. I'm gonna get a leather steering wheel with cruise control as my car lacks it. 400 bucks. I'm going to get the SES rear bumper to match my SES front. 450 bucks. Also gonna get the factory roof spoiler, 188. And I also will get the 3d carbon kit for my car. 700 bucks roughly. That and have all that painted, repaint my front bumper and have my pillar pieces painted. So I cant wait, lots of stuff coming for my car soon. I cant wait to further my build. For now, with a kid a few weeks away its gonna slow down. But i'm gonna get back at it soon.

·
Super Moderator
9,524 Posts
Moved to "Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom". This is the best place to showcase your car rather than in the MK2 section.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Dammit, was trying to keep it here. Its an mk2. Gonna get lost in the general builds area.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Few pics that my girlfriend took today of my car. I think they came out good. best part was I didnt even ask her to do it. She just took the car and took them while I was at work.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Finally used my rack for the first time. Granted i didnt haul very much, was more or less just testing it out. Now to haul something more with it.

[/IMG]

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Thank you. I have so much more planned for this car. Next year is gonna be fun, Im going to get my SES rear bumper and 3d carbon kit, also going to add the factory roof spoiler. And some more interior and sound. But for now she will sit as is

·
Registered
897 Posts
^ I'm 99% sure yes, I've ran acrossed it before, but be illegal to have it in my state I've never given it to much thought, looks great though :D

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Thanks but no the tint is not blue. Not sure why it came out like that in that one pic. I just noticed that. she may have had my interior leds on for that pic. I have 8 strips in the interior. Not sure why she would have had them on for a daytime shot but who knows lol.

·
Registered
541 Posts
hey since you keep talking about rims costing so much, have you considered looking at PCA rims, they have an add on the site. You can get them in 17x7, 17x8 or even move into an 18 inch rim. I got a set and only spent like a grand after tires. Plus the 15 spoke looks pretty close to the SVT ones you wanted.

Also How do you like having %5 in the front. I thought 50% at night was pretty dark.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
I'm really picky about the wheels I want. I really want the work wheels. I may look and see what they got though. cant hurt. May fall in love with something they have.

And its not 5% up front although cant tell in pic. the front is only 20%. Still dark as hell though

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Few updated pics of my car from over the weekend at the Last Resort Show in Jennings Louisiana.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

41 - 60 of 106 Posts