Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One month ago the gas pedal had a hard spot when I would first push in. The next day it got stuck and kept getting faster. My brakes was hard to push and the car was flying. I was terrified. Finally pulled ebrake and hit a curb to stop and put it in park . rpm shot up straight to 7. Shut ignition off. Restarted the car and instantly the rpm went to 7 and smelled of hot plastics. Towed to mechanic. They cleaned throttle body butterfly and checked cables. Everything was fine. Air filter box was full of water. They said that could have caused it and they insisted I drove through high water. I didnt recall driving through water. Anyways that cost about $500 one month goes by and it happened again. Again same exact scenario as before. This time my husband was in town to check it out. Everything with throttle checked out fine but the air filter and box was full of water again! It hasn't rained since we had it repaired a month ago so I know I havent drove through water. Where is the water coming from and could the water really cause the throttle to stick like this. I have 5 little girls and this is my only car I cant drive it until its safe and I feel like the mechanics are ripping me off. Also an engine light came on 4 days before the second episode. But no check engine light the first time it done this. The codes are : p0410 p0491 p2257 after the pedal was sticking but before the actual getting stuck episode while the car was off you could feel that tight spot when pushing the pedal. After emptying the water from the box tonight my husband drove about 5 miles with no problems what so ever. Someone please help!!!

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
Welcome to FF.....As far as the throttle sticking, caused by the egr. It'll be a slight sticky right off idle....Need to clean the t/b every so often, depending on how many miles you drive. Never heard one going to full throttle thou. Either use your foot or reach down to pull it up.....but best is to cut the ignition off. I have know idea where the water is coming in at....I'd be figuring that out...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts