Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New material on page 2!

I've had my Focus since November of 2005 and have decided to make it my stock "look fast" car.

What I've changed: "chromatic" front blinkers
35% ATR Formula 1 tint (people keep asking me if it is 5%[???:)] )
Chrome SVT wheels (4 of 12 for sale in the USA as of 5/16/06[:D])
Eibach pro-kit lowering springs

I go back and forth from really liking the looks to just wondering why it cost so much. It just seems incomplete.. What am I missing?

(It is DIRTY! It won't stop raining and it picked up some bugs)

Attachments

·
Registered
759 Posts
Looks good, but I like the satin more than the chrome SVT wheels

Painted calipers and engine accents, can do both for under 20 bucks

·
Registered
459 Posts
It looks good, but it would look better with clear corners and a shorty antenna. [8D]

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
looks good, and oo so shiny!

·
SONIC ZX3
2,253 Posts
nice ride! I also have an 06 sonic blue I was just wondering how much of a drop did you get from the springs. I know they dont make a kit yet so I was wondering if it would be worth it to get the springs or just wait for the kit(some time in this decade) Also clear the side markers and cut down the antenna oh and smoke out the tail lights. It pretty easy I did mine my self and Im no wiz. But good luck with the car hope it stops raining!

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
add clear or smoked corners, color matched grille (from steve), shorty antenna, and paint the lights, all those mods are inexpencive and make a hell of a difference... car looks hot tho

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
To avoid making a new topic.. I thought I'd start from the beginning and show what has been done.

Here is when I first got it:

My immediate mods: Chromatic blinkers, 35% FormulaOne ATR tint and chrome exhaust tip.

Next I went on to do Chrome SVT '02-03 Focus wheels:

That looked just a little too high so I had to lower it! Kind of a crappy pic, but it might get the point across:

Here's a picture with more light.. That is my best friends '00 Taurus. It is sekz.

Okay, so now that you all can see my car better.. Anyone got pics with smoked/clear side markers on an 05+ (and where'd you get them?) Also, what options do I have for a shorter antenna?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Clear corner from ebay! $20.00 or so.

With stock wheels, clear corners, and a color matched grill:

And with EAP wheels:

Your's will look even better with the chrome grill, wheels and clear corners.
If you go with the color matched grill or headlights I would go with smoked corners.

·
Registered
705 Posts
since you have chrome wheels, you should get clear corners instead of smoking them. As for the antenna, for the 00-04, 05+ probably the same, take it off cut off the top portion (to a desired length) take the tip off, helps to put it in boiling water for 10 min and then put the tip on the new "end". Put it back on and "voila," a homemade shorty antenna

·
SONIC ZX3
2,253 Posts
all you have to do is cut out the middle and cut the top nub off. drill 2 holes, one in the nub and one in the base. cut a little piece of a metal hanger and super glue it in the base. then super glue the nub to the hanger sticking out of the base. your done. you still get all your radio channels and no static. the radio just wont seek stations out anymore you have to manually find them.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts