Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently was given a 2005 Ford focus 2.0 manual from my brother with 150,000 on it. My brother kept it in relatively decent condition , had to put a new clutch in, master cylinder, change some gaskets, spark plugs etc. Anyways, I looked at the location of the maf housing pipe and the filter box, and successfully replaced it by putting k&n filter RC-2710 directly on to the maf sensor pipe with the hose clamp it came with, without having to move the pipe or add a spacer or anything like that, only remove the lifetime air filter box. The new filter fits like a glove. It pops on with a perfect seal that can be clamped down. The filter then sits inside the bumper and in my model the zx4 is guarded well enough from water and dirt for no further protection necessary. I thought this would be useful to anyone looking for a cheaper replacement option than cold air intake (65 dollar filter) and I have never posted in these forums before.

·
Registered
2006 ZX5 2.0, 2004 ZX3 SVT EE. 2004 ZX3 SVT
1,395 Posts
Be very careful. It doesn't take much water to do damage. You might want to consider cutting a milk jug to shield the bottom of the filter.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Be very careful. It doesn't take much water to do damage. You might want to consider cutting a milk jug to shield the bottom of the filter.
Thanks for the heads up. I did see someone posted a video of them doing the same thing and they put a milk jug under it, I just figured that the filter I found when I decided to do it is slimmer and my trim zx4 doesn't have nearly as much openings in the bumper where it is sitting. I suppose it would be kind of foolish to just be on the sorry side instead of safe after getting warnings from multiple places now. I'll be on it this afternoon

·
Registered
2006 ZX5 2.0, 2004 ZX3 SVT EE. 2004 ZX3 SVT
1,395 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I did see someone posted a video of them doing the same thing and they put a milk jug under it, I just figured that the filter I found when I decided to do it is slimmer and my trim zx4 doesn't have nearly as much openings in the bumper where it is sitting. I suppose it would be kind of foolish to just be on the sorry side instead of safe after getting warnings from multiple places now. I'll be on it this afternoon
Make sure it has drain holes and some stand off so it can't fill up with water too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts