Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my 2005 Focus ZX3. It is my interpretation of what the ST could have been if it were a hatch.

Engine:
Marcy Motorsport Cold Air Intake
MBRP Stainless Exhaust
Cosworth 4-1 Race Header
SCT XCalibrator 2 91 octane tune by FocusSport

Suspension:
SVT Focus springs, struts, and shocks
SVT Focus rear crossmember
SVT Focus rear sway bar
Energy Suspension polyurethane bushing kit
Energy Suspension polyurethane rear engine mount bushings
Focus Central strut tower brace

Interior:
weighted short throw shifter, retaining reverse lockout

Exterior:
RS style spoiler
Focus ST grille
Focus Mark II ST rear emblem

Installed but not pictured:
Ford Racing Degas cover

Not Installed:
Hawker Odyssey PC680 ~15lb battery

In the mail:
Focus Central 65mm throttlebody
Marcy Motorsport cam adjustment tool

In production but not shipped:
Crane Stage I cams

Coming this winter/ early spring:
FocusSport Stage II turbo kit - intercooled Garrett GT28R @11psi

·
Registered
331 Posts
Looks good, i think the front grill, mirrors, door handles and rear hatch strip would look real good painted to match the body. But how it is, they all match with a black and it works. I like what you've done so far, looking good

·
I don't care
8,446 Posts
Very nice! Love the Blazing Copper, though I'd agree w/ Volcom...I think it'd look good if you painted the grille, mirrors and door handles body color, like the ST.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've considered painting the handles and mirrors...it may eventually happen. I was thinking about swapping my grilles ...grille back to the stock black part (it came the way it is from Ford as a black ST grille, but the stock silver grille has a black grille area). That way it has black around the edge will keeping black in the center so it doesn't have a separate part look to the grille.

·
teh tranny killer
3,130 Posts
very good setup you have going there..question though, why buy cams when your going to boost it?

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
Car looks very good, looks like you got some big plans for it....... nice job so far!!

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
fokuzx3 said:
very good setup you have going there..question though, why buy cams when your going to boost it?

Stage I Crane Cams work very well with cams. I will be doing the cams before the turbo, so I hope to get some decent 14 second runs NA before the boost.

SpeedOften said:
Do you have cam gears to use the cam adjustment tool on?
No. The tool is designed so you don't have to have the gears. It is much cheaper and easier to use. You can degree your stock cams too (I am doing this before the Crane cams get here), but I can adjust the Crane cam more aggressively and get even more power out of them. ~12-14whp set to kill.

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
very nice, still tho get ride of them wheels, worst wheels that ford could of put on a fofo ever! id take my steelies over those. very clean car tho, blazing orange is a sweet color

·
Registered
580 Posts
Klondike said:
very nice, still tho get ride of them wheels, worst wheels that ford could of put on a fofo ever! id take my steelies over those. very clean car tho, blazing orange is a sweet color
The wheels aren't that bad. While not the best I like 'em over the older split 5 spoke rims they used to use on the SE. Anythings better then rockin the steelies...

Still though, $500 for some new rims would really spice up that ride

1 - 12 of 12 Posts