Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just posting some pics and using this space to keep updated on whats going on with the car..

I bought the car last week for $1300 with only 93K miles from a dude who really had no clue what it was. He got it off a friend in New Hampshire. It has Konig rims on it that i really DO not like. They just look out of place. I need to sell these and source some OEM SVT rims. The car also has what seems to be a SPEC clutch installed and a short throw shifter. It also has a cat back exhaust system on it and a AEM intake.

When i bought the car it needed new rear wheel bearings, the resistor for the fan, It only had one key and no key fobs, all of that has been fixed.

It also had hideous fake carbon fiber graphics on the hood, BMP on the head lights and lame decals and stickers all over the windows. Really horrid. The front bumpter and back bumper need help and over all the paint is not great, im going to see what i can do about the some time down the road.

I feel at some point this car was owned by someone on this forum, i had had a lot of work done to it and i would love to know if it owned by some one who cared. It was first sold and lived in Manhattan for short time then made its way to Vermont, then New Hampshire.

I now need to have the t-belt and related parts done. Does anyone have an exact parts list, with the part numbers? I really need to get this done next week. Anyway, here are some pictures of my car so far.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
Man, these cars are getting sold cheep these days; not that that is a bad thing.

Car looks like it in good shape, nice find.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Contact Steve at tasca ford they are an online sponsor for this site. He will set you up with whatever you need at some of the lowest prices for the parts and he's a great guy very helpful.

Congrats though looks nice. And you already have some mods so your already on your way to mod world lol.

·
Registered
278 Posts
That diamond in the rough feeling truly can't be matched can it?

Back in 2007, I started hunting for a Taurus SHO. I was able to find one that was mostly red, with a few green panels, for $400. I asked the owner why so cheap? He tells me the engine in it has 4,000 miles on it (which he was able to prove with documentation) and that not a single person had come to look at it because it had a green hood, bumper, fender, and trunk. Took the leap, a whopping $400 leap lol, and bought it. Best decision I ever made. I got two years out of that car. Two very fun, fast, and car-problem-free years. Only sold it because of rust, which was its only problem.

Hold on to that. I have a superstition that cars like that like being rescued from the nightmare it sounds like it was in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts