Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last saturday morning, when I drive my car, I found the coolant leak. It leak more when the car is cold, after several minutes, it will only leak little. I found that many people repair the SVT by change Viton O-ring. I do not know if it is the same problem on ZTS. I have order the #203 and #109 O-ring. I hope I can use it. If not, Pepboy told me to change thermostat housing, add labour will cost 360$. It is too expensive for me.
I am junior and only bough this used car for several month. But I want to repair it by myself. Is it easy to do for a junior guy. How many tools need I to buy? I want to order some tools such as jack, jack stand on harbor freight. I check the thermostat housing for several times after I open the hood. I found that it is a little different with SVT. So I just worried if I can solve the problem just change the O-ring.
Any help and suggestion, I will appreciate.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Today I have bought jack, jack stand and other tools at Harbor Freight local store. I also bought a thermostat housing at ford dealer. I hope I can repair it this weekend. The O-ring has coming. But I do not know if I can use it. Becasue the zts probably is different with svt. Also I bought a repair manual at autozone. But it is not detailed enough.
Any suggestion, please tell me. Thanks a lot.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts