Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, since as you all know there are now aftermarket headlights for any 05-07 models. So I made my own with the painted trim and angel eyes.

The project took a while and came oout pretty good. I still have some minor modifications to get everything perfect and I'll get some better quality pictures. If you want, I can put a how-to on here but it would take some time.

Anyways here they are and give me some input guys. (btw - the lights are bright white, not blue. that would be the crap quality camera.)

This is without them turned on.

With the angel eyes only

With fog light relay mod and angel eyes

·
Registered
235 Posts
that looks really good! I wish there were some aftermarket headlights for the '05 and ups, but yours look awesome. How is the light output? Better or the same?

Good Job [thumb]

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I used some pretty powerful LED's but I think I used to high of resistors. So I might actually lower the resistance and see if it gets brighter.

As of right now they are pretty bright, but not during the day.

I still have a few things left and I'll post some really high quality detailed pictures so you can get an idea of brightness, set-up and all.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Pretty good. Gives the front end a little more personality.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks.

There is one more thing that I will probably end up doing later on.

If you can see the first picture the ring is (of course) not flush with the actual trim.

So I got some plastic with the same thickness and I plan to bend it and mold it to create basically a tube so the angel eyes can fit flush and out of the way of the headlight beam. Same goes for the sidemarkers.

Then I will prep, paint, test, and install for finish product.

Only thing that sucked about doing this mod was the wiring.

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
ooohh, I would like to have those lights.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Karniv04 said:
Well I used some pretty powerful LED's but I think I used to high of resistors. So I might actually lower the resistance and see if it gets brighter.
please don't!!!!, we don't need anymore [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]s out there blinding everybody. it gets annoying. seriously, just think SUV. I know you hate them for their bright lights, LOL.

other than that, that's an awesome custom job. congratulations.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ha!

Yea, I probably wont mess with it. Right now the brightness is pretty good.

Thanks for the comments guys.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
To be honest... I don't consider LEDs to be blinding.. especially for angle eye's where the light is diffused.

The bright lights of SUV's aren't really a good comparison...

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
^^ you heard the man, he said the brightness is pretty good as it is. don't encourage him!!!!, LOL

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Looks GREAT!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'll be doing a really descriptive how-to on these. Only thing is that it will probably take me another week to get the project completely finished.

Whats cool about these is that you can use any color LED that you prefer and they all light up pretty bright if you make the rings correctly (which was my first mistake).

Always test before completing and I'll discuss that in the how-to

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Those look great, how bout a close up pic during the day so we can see how they sit in there.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'll be showing everything when I finish it all. So no worries. :D

·
Registered
99 Posts
Looks really clean and well done. A write up would be great. I'm thinking of doing something like that to the headlights+billet or mesh grill+focussport front lip to de-crapify the 05' front end. I think what you've done definetly is a step in the right direction.

Reactions: squbbles1228
1 - 20 of 46 Posts