Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello focus fanatics, I'm new here to the page but I figured with this being my 3rd focus I might as well join. With that being said, I was just driving down the road when my car made a loud bang (I thought I might've ran something over) but I didn't. Then the car started making a sort of tapping sound. My first thought was maybe I threw a rod but I'm not entirely convinced that's what happened, so I pulled over and saw a big puddle of oil on the ground and some smoke coming from the hood. I started the car back up and it didn't seem too bad just ran a little rough. I was very close to my house and had to get the car out of the street so I drove home very slowly and it didn't seem like it drove too bad. It's raining here right now so I can't really look at it too much but I'm wondering if y'all have any ideas what I'm looking at before I can get it up on ramps and take a look. Thanks in advance!

·
__________/\__
2,167 Posts
... saw a big puddle of oil on the ground and some smoke coming from the hood. I started the car back up and it didn't seem too bad just ran a little rough.
Why on earth would you start the car after seeing a big puddle of oil on the ground? The first thing you should do is shut it off immediately and call for a tow. May not matter at this point but no oil pressure is disastrous.

·
Registered
120 Posts
This is going to turn into a horror show. Definitely take a lot of pictures of the carnage. I'd say after 19 years you definitely got your money worth out of the motor.... Time for a build thread. It is pretty cold outside so you might have got away with only a bottom end rebuild.... but if it got hot the top is toast.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well that was my original plan, to shut it off and have it towed but I can't afford to tow it I had no choice but to drive it home. I'm thinking its gonna need a rebuild anyways at this point because of the fact that I drove it home but I had no other choice I was literally stuck in an intersection. I'll start taking pictures and start a new thread for rebuild help because I know a little about cars but I know I'll need some advice when rebuilding the motor myself. Thank you everyone

1 - 4 of 4 Posts