Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it seems that FF10 has been scratched for the year. So that means we are taking a trip to Carlisle, PA June 4-6. Whos in?

All the formal info can be found in here: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=108
and:http://www.focusrising.com/

I'm going to try and remember to call and get a hotel room as I hear they fill up fast. Depending on who all is going we may need 2 rooms as we have had at FF.

I'm kinda sad there is no FF10 but excited because I wanted to go to the all ford nats but didnt think I could do both.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hotels do fill up fast and where else are you going to see 100 Foci, like 5,000 Mustangs, and 1,000's of other Ford Vehicles you barely see?

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just google mapping the trip, the fastest from KC is through st louis. the fastest from lincoln is up through chicago. I would really like to drive through both of those places, we could possibly do one way there and one way back, it only adds a little hour for each of us. Just a little thought.

the trip should take 17-19 hrs. IDK if people would want to try and do that in one day or 2.

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
Hotels in the area do fill up fast. We do however encourage all to stay with the rest of us at the Hotel Carlisle. I have snagged a great group rate when you tell them you are part of Focus Rising. This will ensure all the Foci remain in a group.
This years pre-registration to the Ford Nationals will net your window sticker arriving in the mail. This means you can skip the registration booth. Go from the street straight to the showfield in a caravan of 75+ other Foci.

Be a part of this great event this year! Be a part of the largest Focus gathering in the country!

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you guys are so official! HA.

oh, and sorry for doubting you.

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
I would love to go to this! Though, I didn't know this was at the beginning of June. I need to check some things first like job and money because I'll be in NYC in late May.

But I definitely want to go if at all possible and I'll start saving now anyway.

My motor's running up on 121,000 miles. Well maintenanced so I think she'll do good.

Maybe my Focus will be a different color too.....................again

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I would love to go to this but i'm taking the family to Disney World the 19th-26th. Maybe we'll have to put something together for the midwest.

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
to go to [Requires Approval].. if it happens.
I assume this got modded...I also assume you would referring to an event that occurs in CA, in or around a large body of water?

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bump, don't make me start calling people out!

·
Black Mesa Racing
2,410 Posts
as long as i can make it work with work i should be in. sounds like a blast!

jed come with us!!!!!!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Also, meant to make mention we do a Longest Distance Award along with the other awards at the Saturday Night Dinner Banquet. WarneeJ and his brother from Florida won it last year but this year could be interesting....

·
FocusFest Event Team
2,362 Posts
i'd love to go, but witha new baby wont make it this year. still haven't been able to make it to any national meet yet due to all sorts of reasons

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok guys, I'm all registered. Get signed up so we can start planning our route and times!

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I reserved a hotel room this morning, arriving on June 4th and checking out June 7th (my birthday). depending on what time stuff gets done on Sunday I would like to consider getting a jump on the return trip.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts