Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey does anyone know if the maf tube for the mustang can be used in the focus? im talking about like 2007 -> 2007?? [wrenchin]

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
X2^^^ditto?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well theyre much easier to find... if i wanted to do something like the custom short ram, if i could just use a mustang tube instead of cutting my stock one (or buying one for an arm and a leg). theyre cheaper, and allow more airflow usually cause theyre wider... so i just wanted to know if they were compatible. (not even a mustang any ford for that matter may have an maf tube easier/cheaper to get)

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Well if the opening is bigger then I am pretty sure you will get a CEL because you will be letting in unmetered air.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I have a Mustang MAF right now for my turbo focus. If you plan on stay N/A with a factory setup then you are just wasting your money.

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
I could see it helping if the MAF was the same size as your piping and you had a tune to account for it (think Cosworth minus the MAF insert)

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
you cannot use a larger MAF tube without a tune to accommodate for it, and at that point you're not saving any money

·
FF Affiliate
31,089 Posts
Making you MAF housing bigger isnt going to make more HP if the piping to and from the MAF isnt also bigger , as well as the TB , Intake manifold and the engine able to do something with the more air your getting to it , It has to work as a combination not just an added part that flows better

Tom

·
Registered
256 Posts
So so say you had 3" tubing and an 05 GT maf tube. It would do you no good to make a custom intake from that without a tune?

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
correct, there will be so much un-metered air, you'll get a lean condition.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts