Registered
137 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
This thread is a bit old.

Sent from my SM-G960U using FF Mobile
Yes but we bump things back when new info becomes relevant...[slap]

Since the 68mm from the 3.7L Mustang was a no go for his project, the new 70mm from Ford Performance may be worth looking at if money isn't a concen since its supposed to be a direct bolt on for the 2.3L EB which would also fit our 2.0L manifold. The 63mm is still fine for the 2.0 N/A and turbo [idea]

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yes but we bump things back when new info becomes relevant...[slap]

Since the 68mm from the 3.6L was a no go for his project, the new 70mm from Ford Performance may be worth looking at if money isn't a concen since its supposed to be a direct bolt on for the 2.3L EB which would also fit our 2.0L manifold. The 63mm is fine for the 2.0 N/A and turbo [idea]
What's the point of a 70mm TB with out porting the intake manifold?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
614 Posts
The OP was doing a project car, I would gather he would bore and/or port match the manifold to the TB if needed. The intake mani is plastic so it's not a big deal to modify. Since he was looking for something bigger than the 63mm for his build the 70mm may be a viable option for him or others looking for more volume.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
What's the point of a 70mm TB with out porting the intake manifold?

Sent from my SM-G960U using FF Mobile
Might be able to enlarge the opening to the manifold...I would never pay $500 or 600 for a throttlebody unless it was a ITB setup... cost per gain would be astoundingly low

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
^^On a FI car or a heavy built NA car with headwork and other mods, I think it would have a small gain and improved throttle response..Ive always found it a worthwhile mod on previous cars but only if it can be done for $150 or less

·
Registered
614 Posts
At least It looks purdy..

·
Registered
439 Posts
OLD thread But... TB Kit for sale

[idea] Go to DAMOND Motorsports and they sell a kit for the 2.3L / 63mm TB kit in the ST parts.

The kit is only $145 w/ TB included and only $65 w/out the TB. Not bad for a full kit and TB... [popcorn]

·
Registered
614 Posts
Again?

Why?

Its $65 elsewhere...

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
Again?

Why?

Its $65 elsewhere...
Thats the whole kit for an ST, you don't need the extended harness for an NA.

owner: Rebel Devil Customs
Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

·
Registered
439 Posts
Correct, and you can just buy the kit w/out the TB. That's why I listed the two separate prices.

They decided to put a kit out to make it easy for anybody to just make one purchase and have everything they need to just swap it out.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Thats a pretty expensive harness extension TBH,

·
Registered
439 Posts
Just remember this is a kit for the ST not a NA Focus. That's why it's more expensive and has T Bolt Clamps to handle the pressures. Someone in the ST/RS crowd might have a use for the extra items not needed. I haven't seen anybody else make a full kit or half kit for upgrading.

·
Fear the TurboSnail!
6,617 Posts
For the NA guys you mainly just need the throttle body, gasket and bolts. Maybe a new coupler. All parts you can get for under $100.

Sent from another garage.

161 - 176 of 176 Posts