Focus Fanatics Forum banner

121 - 140 of 176 Posts

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
I still hope they can get it to work, the opening of the manifold is 68mm so it will match that good, bigger then 68mm would be of no use with this manifold though.
True. I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on the 63mm TB. I'm trying to be patient lol.

·
FF Affiliate
30,369 Posts
I still hope they can get it to work, the opening of the manifold is 68mm so it will match that good, bigger then 68mm would be of no use with this manifold though.
The manifold is plastic making it to 70mm wouldnt be hard to do with a dremel all of the Zetec has to be opened to get the 65mm to work and it worked fine , some of the SVT for the 67mm same thing , Foci guy been doing it for years

This isnt aimed to you , I think its funny with things like this come up and its like were reinventing the wheel when Foci guys have been dealing with this same things for years , I made larger TB back in 2007 for the duratec DBWire but no one wanted them so I only did them for the race car guys I build for

I already know a larger TB isnt going to add anything with the stock intake manifold , so next thing that needs to be done is test the new manifold thats out , then test it with a larger TB and see what it does and go from there

Putting a larger TB on the stock manifold wont be worth doing

Tom

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
The manifold is plastic making it to 70mm wouldnt be hard to do with a dremel all of the Zetec has to be opened to get the 65mm to work and it worked fine , some of the SVT for the 67mm same thing , Foci guy been doing it for years

This isnt aimed to you , I think its funny with things like this come up and its like were reinventing the wheel when Foci guys have been dealing with this same things for years , I made larger TB back in 2007 for the duratec DBWire but no one wanted them so I only did them for the race car guys I build for

I already know a larger TB isnt going to add anything with the stock intake manifold , so next thing that needs to be done is test the new manifold thats out , then test it with a larger TB and see what it does and go from there

Putting a larger TB on the stock manifold wont be worth doing

Tom
I was thinking with the aftermarket...but even stock manifold with your 3" intake....for 60 bucks wouls be worth trying. Are you making those 3" intakes to go with the new manifold, there are a bunch of us interested....would like to get that soon.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
I was thinking with the aftermarket...but even stock manifold with your 3" intake....for 60 bucks wouls be worth trying. Are you making those 3" intakes to go with the new manifold, there are a bunch of us interested....would like to get that soon.
+1 on that. definitely want that 3in intake!

·
FF Affiliate
30,369 Posts
I can make what ever people want , if the demand is there I will make it

If anyone with the new intake will bring me there Focus to test the pipe I make now and make changes as need it will also dyno it

Stock intake first
Then new intake
Then new intake with larger TB
Then new intake with larger TB and 3 inch Intake

If it isnt done like this then no one will ever know what each parts makes if anything

Tom

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
I can make what ever people want , if the demand is there I will make it

If anyone with the new intake will bring me there Focus to test the pipe I make now and make changes as need it will also dyno it

Stock intake first
Then new intake
Then new intake with larger TB
Then new intake with larger TB and 3 inch Intake

If it isnt done like this then no one will ever know what each parts makes if anything

Tom
I really hope someone near you is able to get this done!

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
i'm on the wrong coast lol.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
You found someone with the manifold to test fit??

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Intakes will be ready in May

Tom
sounds good to me. gives me a little time to save up after blowing all my money on the TTR manifold lol.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
If they.did, im sure they would have posted an update....

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
Sorry guys, it was a crazy weekend and I didn't have a chance to get going on this. I've got my flange adapter drawn up, just need to order the aluminum to machine it.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
You are making an adapter before confirming you can make it work or did I miss something?

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
^^Last I saw posted, it seemed it was not close to that stage yet, still figuring out the different internal setups, good news!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
I hate being an adult sometimes, life really gets in the way of playing with the car.

Got the adapter made, fitted, found issues, made a new one. Yes it's plastic, but it'll work fine for the purposes of testing. Here's the picture:

Drilled and tapped for M6 screws, should be able to do the install soon. I have a car show on Saturday so maybe once I get home from that. I'll keep you guys in the loop!

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
3d printed, neat

121 - 140 of 176 Posts