Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i live in New York. I brought my car to the dealership in mass. where i bought. i am on my third clutch because they havent come out with a good one yet. well the other day i changed my oil to synthetic. when i had it up on the lift i saw oil on the bottom of my transmission. so i brought it back. and the clutch is shot again. so i said find out whats wrong and change the clutch . the guy calls me today and says that the oil on the transmission was from my axle seal being bad. i was planning on picking my car up on saturday. but he told me the news that i have been waiting hear for 4 months. he called ford up and asked about the new clutch they are building for the SVT. Well to my surprise it is coming out either this week or next week and i will be one of the first to have it in thier car. so the dealership said keep the loaner till the part bulletin comes out and we can get your new clutch assembly in. just thought you guys would like to hear that. cus i know im xcited for that shizznit. no more rattling when im in neutral. hopefully i get my car by next saturday and i will post on how it feels if it is any different. pizzle my nizzle from the dizzle wizzle gizzle nah mizzle.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
imfocused03 said:
pizzle my nizzle from the dizzle wizzle gizzle nah mizzle.
well, i only understood half of that, but word!

Anyway, thanks for the info. Keep us posted when you get it. Maybe it will be what the SVT has been needing.

·
Registered
567 Posts
sounds good, you got to let us know how the new clutch is when you get your focus back.

·
Registered
11 Posts
hey when you get your new clutch in let us know how it feels, also find out all of the info on it, how we can get one. what is the part # of the new clutch and the part # of the old one. i want a new clutch in my car, but not the crapy one thats in there. what dealership in Mass did are you going to? i live in RI and the dearlerships around me say they have never heard of these SVT F problems that i speak of. good luck buddy!

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Does anyone know if they have/will issue a TSB for the new clutch? I have 5400 miles on my car with no problems...yet. But, I heard the clutch warranty is only for 12,000 miles, so I'd like to get it replaced as a piece of mind.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I talked to Mike at SVT in mid Jan. He said that there was no new clutch or flywheel comming out or being made for the SVTF, he also said that he had heard of rumors of this. He could have been blowing smoke up my hole, I dunno. And it was about a month ago, if true great!!!

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I've read and heard about the new improve clutch for the SVTF. With all the problems associated with the old clutch, Ford should replace the old with the new, anytime during your factory warranty if you ask me.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Problem with the clutch?!?! Haven't had one! I keep hearing about these "problems"...Should I be conderned?!?!? I just turned 8,000 miles.. and want to make sure if there IS a problem.. I get it taken care of while under warranty!

·
Registered
41 Posts
What is the name of your dealer and who did they talk to?
I tried Ford and they are as worthless as a t*t on a boar hog.

I was told back in Nov. or Dec. that a new clutch was coming out,
but Ford knows nothing. I lost the name of the person who told me
about the new clutch and can't remember if it was SVT or Ford.
Ford customer service wants to refer me back to a worthless dealer,
who says the sound is normal. A sound that I have never heard
from a manual transmission before in my life. A knocking sound when
in neutral and stops when the pedal is pushed in, but of course, when
the dealer has it, there is no knocking sound.
[?|]

·
Registered
510 Posts
imfocused03
before you get too excited call SVT 1-800-ford-svt. All's I'm saying is that I heard a bunch of stuff too, like a new flywheel(because, that's where the trouble is coming from(so I have read)). Then when I called SVT they said the opposite. So trust whom you want to, but it's better to get it from the horses mouth.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mine went out at 3000 mi.Had a rattling -knocking sound like a bad throw-out bearing.When you pushed in the clutch it went away. Dealer checked it out,found the flywheel COMING APART!!!! They replaced EVERYTHING and I've had no problems since.

·
Registered
412 Posts
They replaced my clutch, flywheel, and gearbox for that rattle sound. Car still makes the same noise, but not as bad. The guy at SVT said EVERYONE that has this noise should call so they can document it. So DO MAKE THAT CALL. And call again in a few weeks.
bfocused

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The dealership is in chicopee Ma, when the guy called me up he said dont worry about the loaner you have. i just got off te phone with ford and they told me that thenew clutch assembly for the svt should be out in the next week or so. now what comes in that clutc assembly i dont know it could just bea few parts that are needed to straigten out eh fly wheel problem or it could be a brand new unit. alls i know is that they must trust them with the part coming out because i have had the loaner for a week now and they said to keep it till it comes out. alls i can do is wait to see if it dont happen it dont happen. but if not they will put another shitty ass flywheel and clutch in than so it will be my 3rd. for the people that dont have the problem. check, real good way is to go to a atm bank pull up where there is a roof above you put the car in nuetral you will hear it chatterin really loud. cus the noise bouces off of the walls and stuff. that how i heard. i thought my motor was knocking.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I was in an ATM lane and I heard something that sounded like a heatshield rattle when I was in neutral...I didn't think to press the clutch in though to see. I'll have to check this out.

·
Registered
41 Posts
OK, here's the word I got from Mark at SVT.

They are currently testing new parts, putting some miles
on some test cars to make sure they are acceptable and
are the fix.
He stated the sound I hear is far from "normal", like the dealer
told me. He said to have dealer call the SVT tech line as they
are well aware of the problem. He also stated, the problem is with the flywheel.

So it sounds like we will be getting a new flywheel as soon
as they dissect these new parts and they pass muster.
He would not give me a ETA on this, but told me to call back
every two weeks to check status.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
essveetee said:
I was in an ATM lane and I heard something that sounded like a heatshield rattle when I was in neutral...I didn't think to press the clutch in though to see. I'll have to check this out.
Def get that checked out. Keep us posted on what you find out.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
eek I have had no clutch problems but yall are scaring me when they come out with this new part I bet they only put it on cars that have problems

1 - 20 of 38 Posts