Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my new Titanium experianced a amazing and weird issue.

I almost want to complain to ford or NHTSA or smth

I was driving along enjoying my tunes on the highway when I suddenly the volume started to go up.

Weird.. I thought so I turned it back down but it wouldnt go down!!

The volume kept going up!!

I was trying my steering wheel controls... The screen froze so nothing would work there... I also tried the manual controls so nothing would work there also!!

Freakin 10 speakers and a sub were killin my ears so as a last resort I tried digging out my phone and turned off the music. Could you imagine If I had my phone in the back..

Then when I turned it off it did the (scheduled maintenence) when it should be labelled as (System failure, trying to reboot)

Whats next.. is myfordtouch going to crash my iphone too??
Any of you guys have a similar error?

·
Registered
967 Posts
What's your MFT build number? That's a common problem in the software prior to 2.11

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am pretty sure its 2.11

I just got the car a few days ago

And the dealer just got the car mid month October from ford..

Looks like the issue wasnt fixed?

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
....this is a pretty well documented issue a lot of guys have had, try searching the forums first. Is your Ti Nav equipped as well?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have had the same issue happen to me once. I restarted my car and it was fine. I also had issues with the nav system, but that's a whole different topic.

·
Registered
82 Posts
My wife came home the other day saying the volume control knob was broke. When you turn it up.. it keeps going up until it is full blast. Then if you hit volume down, it keeps going down until it is off. Stereo was useless - even after sitting over night. I had to pull the Sync fuse to reset the system and it started working again. They really need a reboot button built into MFT/Sync.

·
Registered
548 Posts
There's a speed controlled volume setting, turns it up when you speed up, down when you slow down. As for it freezing up, that sucks. I wish they had a ctrl alt del button, pulling over to restart the vehicle is bullshit

1 - 7 of 7 Posts