Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Floods suck.
5,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't worry, I used the search bar to answer a few other questions of my own about gas mileage, but I still had a few that were unanswered.

Alright, so at first my car (2001 zx3 2.0 zetec 5 speed) was getting 30 mpg stock, which I was happy with. I bought a FSwerks CAI in May and started getting 37 mpg! This shocked me. A couple weeks later, I got a catback exhaust system put on my car. I figured if anything it would increase the gas mileage. But then I was getting 33 mpg. If I completed the other half of my exhaust to something aftermarket, would that make the mileage go back up?

Also, my car sat for 5 months while it was for sale. Should I replace the fuel filter?

I have 3 different tread tires (all same size and proper inflation though, but different age and tread), if I made all 4 the same tread would that help increase my MPG's?

I just bought a roof rack yesterday. How much of a drop should I have in MPG's? Should I buy a wind fairing?

I mainly wanted to know about the exhuast, because I actually felt like the $220 price tag was worth it for the FSwerks CAI until my mileage went down after the exhaust! lol Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
175 Posts
try fuel filter, and adding a fuel system cleaner to your tank also maybe since it sat so long. i have the same exact car man, and did this and noticed a difference in my gas mileage.

·
Floods suck.
5,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yea! You do! Looks good form what I can see in your avatar. I will pick one up soon then and replace it. Thanks!

I was also thinking maybe the muffler the guy installed at the exhaust shop wasnt the best choice possibly. I can post pics of it if need be.

·
Floods suck.
5,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am not entirely sure on the brand. i dont see a name anywhere on it. lol I know the guy carried Magnaflow tips for trucks and whatnot. So maybe he had some for cars too.

·
Floods suck.
5,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bump, just to see if anybody else knows any of the other answers to my multiple questions. lol If not, I will let this thread disapear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts