Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
BAD EGG
7,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I dunno but my love goes out to the British, they have been great allies to us. Do me a favor and post info when you here it, we don't get english stations were I live. Hate to see someone else getting hit too [:(]

·
Registered
79 Posts
I was born in oxford England, I just got back from england about a month ago, all my family lives in england so today i was so upset when i saw the news. I hate terrorists, this is bin ladin's doing.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I've heard only 2 confirmed dead, but several injured
CNN isnt loading but apparently 6 or 7 blasts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I read of terrorist attacks every single day, the only difference in these is that it happened on "our" soil instead of Iraqi soil. Not to minimize the tragedy or be insensitive, but isn't sad that the world doesn't react like this to the daily bombings in Iraq like they do to these? Over 20,000 Iraqis have already been killed, let's not forget that.

That being said, I wish Britons well.

For comprehensive coverage try www.bbcnews.com

·
Registered
634 Posts
I heard about this when I woke up this morning on the radio. Not the kinda news I really like to hear first thing in the morning (or at all really). My thoughts go out to the brits at this time.[:(]

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I just saw on washingtonpost.com - at least 33 killed.

Here in DC they have started searching our train/bus stations. I don't think anything will happen over here, I believe it was directly related to the G8 meetings.

Something interesting I just heard. 7 bombs on 7/7, typical for al Qaeda.

·
Registered
489 Posts
My thoughts are with the Brits today. Be steadfast in your resolve and do not allow this to alter your way of life.

My deepest condolences go out to all of you.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
SVTmonkey said:
I read of terrorist attacks every single day, the only difference in these is that it happened on "our" soil instead of Iraqi soil. Not to minimize the tragedy or be insensitive, but isn't sad that the world doesn't react like this to the daily bombings in Iraq like they do to these?
This is the first I've heard of it, and I clicked on the TV... out of 60 or 70 something channels, only 2 or 3 cable news channels had any stories running about it. No special coverage on local news stations or anything like that. So I wouldn't say that it's being overblown just yet.

However it is sad, and I can't help but wonder what effect it will have, in time, on the English public. Will it resolve them against the terrorists or will it cause them to resent the United States and our "attack" on the terrorists?

·
Banned
4,483 Posts
Any religion where the reward for killing people you don't like is 77 virgins (muslim), you are going to have men doing all types of crazy stuff for that.

But its just the fanatics......no pun intended.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
I read of terrorist attacks every single day, the only difference in these is that it happened on "our" soil instead of Iraqi soil. Not to minimize the tragedy or be insensitive, but isn't sad that the world doesn't react like this to the daily bombings in Iraq like they do to these? Over 20,000 Iraqis have already been killed, let's not forget that.

Your on the wrong side of this again... we are at war with the bad guys in Iraq. War kills people. The terrorists blew up the subways and a bus in london. There intention was to kill as many civilians and disrupt services all they could. Why don't you see the difference? The bombings were reprehensible. There needs to be severe punishment. The terrorists are hoping that the brits lay down like the spanish did last year at election time. The terrorists are wrong again!

·
Cashed in my chips
2,837 Posts
Vanace,

Just for clarification, SVTmonkey was not refering to tactical bombings, but terrorist bombings (car bombs, suicide bombs, etc) that occur daily in Iraq and other politically unstable areas of the world.

Back on topic, my thoughts and prayers are with all those affected by today's tragedy. Reading, hearing, and seeing these daily occurances of hatred and violence perpetrated against ourselves just makes me want to cry, honestly. I mean, what in the hell is the point? *sigh...*

·
BAD EGG
7,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As a guy that was in Iraq for 13 months seeing the results daily of terrorist activities I do know and understand the situation there. Although I would consider any innocents loss of life comparable I just don't see the situations as being that way. In Iraq the population is killing themselves while what happened in London was that (or a very similiar minded culture) reaching out across the globe to kill others. If there is one thing that I'd love to see happen in my lifetime it would be to stop this mindless killing of the innocent people and keep it on the battlefield where it belongs, among combatants. I know it's a pipe dream and never going to happen that way seeing as how major terrorist attacks have tripled since the war on terror began ( link )

·
Livin' it up in Cali
2,005 Posts
I'd also like to send out my thoughts and prayers to those and their families affected by this tragedy, and Amanda I am with you 100%. I just don't understand how these so called terrorist's can live these mercyless lives plotting and planning gruesome attacks on other nations for what?

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but I've been led to believe that the ultimate goal of groups like Al Qaeda is to destroy Western civilization and bring about the rise of Middle Eastern countries as the controlling world powers. They want us to die. That's it. They want us off the face of the Earth, and they want to be the ones who control what happens in the world, instead of countries like the United States, Great Britain, China, Japan, and Russia. And of course with an idealogy that they are right and doing the good thing, and that they will be rewarded for their efforts, they are going to be tough to suppress.

·
Livin' it up in Cali
2,005 Posts
^^^^^^ that's the thing they think they are doing the right thing.......which is rediculous.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
To all those in the UK;

My condolences and admiration. You have taken this far better then we would have in the states. All in the US stand by you in this dark hour and simultaneously express our outrage and offer our warmest gratitude for your loyalty, especially after such a barbaric attack, likely induced by the fact that you are our steadfast and honorable ally.

We are together fighting the good fight.

·
Registered
79 Posts
The G8 meetings had nothing to do with this, It is because we are in iraq (where we should not be) it is none of our business being in other people's countries, we should worry about the homeland. I don;t think it is fair that Iraq's citizens should be getting no homes built by us. But on our soil I can;t even afford to move out of my parents house, and I work 45 hours a week and go to school. You tell me whats fair.

We don;t need to be in Iraq. That is why england was targeted

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
"We don;t need to be in Iraq. That is why england was targeted"

Thats the easy answer.
The US and England have been attacked before the war and will contunue to be attacked unless we eliminate the terrorists.

It is not what we have done that they don't like, it is what we are.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts