Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to replace my stock battery terminals with those nice multi-wire kind, and I cannot find them. Which means they not called "Multi wire battery terminals". [:)] Anyone got a source or the 'proper' name for them?
Thanks.

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,787 Posts
Do you mean like Optima batteries that you could attach wires to the side or the top?

·
Registered
936 Posts
I think he's talking about the part on the wire ... that allows more than one wire to easily attach to the battery. Check PartsExpress.com They always seem to have a lot of car stereo stuff.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, like I said, check out PartsExpress.com they might have a good price on it.
Did. Looks like they don't have them. but I found some other places which I am looking at now. Anyone know what gauge the stater wire is?
Ohh! Umm. All battery posts are the same size right?

Thanks

·
Registered
459 Posts
Walmart, Autozone, Advance, Napa...they all sell those things starting at a few dollars, depending on how flashy you want it. Also, I believe it's the positive terminal that's a little bigger than the negative, or maybe I have that backwards. Either way, the connector should fit on either one.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK! Starter is 4 gauge wire and I will check my local shops. But so far, outfitterclearance has the win at ~ $2 each.
Thanks much! 8-D

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A marine terminal, and put lugs on the wires..........
I was looking at those. But I wonder how well they would work day in / day out.

·
Token Engin-nerd
3,414 Posts
im using scosche ones i got at meijer, they were 8 bucks each iirc and have 2x 4awg and 2x 12awg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts