Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay here is the scoop. I did a lunch box delete on my 2007 focus and now I wanna replace the muffler to. Here is that catch I wanna replace it with something that will make it a little louder. However I dont know what to go with or what will fit in the old mufflers place. Also I am not up for straight piping it. Any ideas will be helpful. Also are the inlet and outlet pipes on the muffler offset and what are the measurements. If you have any pics that can help me visualize things better that would be great. thank you all.

·
Love CA / Hate CARB
2,160 Posts
If I recall from when I crawled underneath my car to look at this same thing, I'm pretty sure stock diameter is 2". The inlet and outlet on the muffler aren't offset at all. You might consider going with a round Magnaflow muffler. The Magnaflow catback for the Duratec has a 6" round 14" long muffler, so something like that? Here's their list of universal mufflers: http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/universalmuffler.asp
Scroll down to the round ones, and you'll find 4" glass packs and regular 6" round that have 2 inch inlet/outlet.

I have also thought about doing this, since I'm in CA and have to keep my stock cat. It's basically making this exhaust (http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd.asp?zone=all&id=3571) but without the 2.25" piping and a lot cheaper. If you're not looking to get a real performance boost from your exhaust, a lunchbox delete paired with a decent muffler will give you the sound you want for less than a full catback.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Definitely the Magnaflow.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
Is a header in the work's down the road?

Okay here is the scoop. I did a lunch box delete on my 2007 focus and now I wanna replace the muffler to. Here is that catch I wanna replace it with something that will make it a little louder. However I dont know what to go with or what will fit in the old mufflers place. Also I am not up for straight piping it. Any ideas will be helpful. Also are the inlet and outlet pipes on the muffler offset and what are the measurements.

Are you ever going to add a header? If so, you don't want that " something that will make it a little louder"

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No I am keeping the stock header till it breaks. I was also looking at the magnaflow mufflers. I might just throw a glasspack in there. I found one at a local pep boys.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
DIY or muffler shop?

No I am keeping the stock header till it breaks. I was also looking at the magnaflow mufflers. I might just throw a glasspack in there. I found one at a local pep boys.
You going to do the install your self? If not go to your muffler shop & tell them what you want. You'd be surprized what they have, or can get.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
Similiar to my FRPP's Borla!

I have also thought about doing this, since I'm in CA and have to keep my stock cat. It's basically making this exhaust (http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd.asp?zone=all&id=3571) but without the 2.25" piping and a lot cheaper. If you're not looking to get a real performance boost from your exhaust, a lunchbox delete paired with a decent muffler will give you the sound you want for less than a full catback.
That sound's simliar to my FRPP's Borla, till I added a F/W's header & stealth muffler.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
What about removing the resonator just after the flexpipe? I would think the sound you gained by removing the lunchbox would increase the next step by also removing the resonator.

You would still have the muffler just before the axle.

The resonator is pretty small so it might not increase much but it would be cheap to cut it out and weld in a little section where it was.

I have an 07 and my stock exhaust went header/cat> flex pipe> resonator> muffler> lunchbox.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
What about removing the resonator just after the flexpipe? I would think the sound you gained by removing the lunchbox would increase the next step by also removing the resonator.

You would still have the muffler just before the axle.

The resonator is pretty small so it might not increase much but it would be cheap to cut it out and weld in a little section where it was.

I have an 07 and my stock exhaust went header/cat> flex pipe> resonator> muffler> lunchbox.
this helps. its just a tiny bit louder. remove the resonator and if its not loud enough for you have a magnaflow glasspack(flowthrough) put in the first muffler location

1 - 10 of 10 Posts