Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I have read a lot on this forum 'bout differenet muffler's & resenator's on header quip'ed Dura-tech 20's & 23's. Has anyone tryed or thou 'bout 2 or 3 stealth muffler's? Or just have a longer one made? Or the 23's more prone to a deeper tone than the 20's, cause of the stroke? It seem's to me that the bigger diameter up to a point take's some of the raspyness out of it=2.25-2.50 are the common size. Then there are 2.75-3.00, w/ 3.00 being more come, & I've seen some bigger under the cradle- rear that is- exhaust. Seem's like people are trying different muffler's w/ varying resolt's, I don't know what, w/ varieing tone's & butt dyno's. Anyhow I just installed a F/W's header/ flex-pipe, & their Stealth muffler cause I read that's what you have to do to tone the noise down, I added this to my Borla exhaust= Had to exstend the stealth muffler 4'' or so to fit to the Borla system. It has a deep tone & really scream's at 4000 +, sound's great. Does any one have a way to quiet this down some? Would the whole F/W's exhaust system done anything noise wise? I don't think so. Your input & thou's are welcome= thank-you!

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
(= i had my header and flex pipe installed today also and left the shop and went straight to an exhaust shop lol it was wayyy loud with only my flowmaster muffler. after having an 22"resonator installed it still has a very loud ricer sound. i think im going to have the flowmaster 40 removed and put on a round magnaflow straight through muffler of at least 20 someot inches. what do you guys think? any experience with those mufflers? will they get rid of the ricer sound and tone it down a bit or should i just put in another resonator in the place of the muffler?

·
Registered
716 Posts
I don't think the resonator quitens it as much as a muffler.^^^

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
muffler it is then. should i get the small medium or large magnaflow glasspack straight through? anyone have experience wit them?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would say you should be looking at the longest muffler after the flex, ask what they think, or thou's

(= i had my header and flex pipe installed today also and left the shop and went straight to an exhaust shop lol it was wayyy loud with only my flowmaster muffler. after having an 22"resonator installed it still has a very loud ricer sound. i think im going to have the flowmaster 40 removed and put on a round magnaflow straight through muffler of at least 20 someot inches. what do you guys think? any experience with those mufflers? will they get rid of the ricer sound and tone it down a bit or should i just put in another resonator in the place of the muffler?
Seem's to me I'd be looking at the longest muffler they have, after the flex. You could ask what their thought's are, what they think. & then go ask other shop to see what they say.

·
Registered
716 Posts
In my experience the bigger around the muffler (straight through design with packing) the quieter it is. Length helps some but not as much.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Mine is just like that but it's 36". It's a different brand. It was one the muffler shop had in stock.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have the fsw race exhaust and just bought a fsw header and flex. Ive heard it will be loud, just hope its not ricey. right now this is my dd cause my gf spi pos dropped the valve seat and shes driving my dd. i just hope i dont get pulled over!

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Deep tone!

I have the fsw race exhaust and just bought a fsw header and flex. Ive heard it will be loud, just hope its not ricey. right now this is my dd cause my gf spi pos dropped the valve seat and shes driving my dd. i just hope i dont get pulled over!
I added a F/W's Header/flex & one of their Stealth muffler's, in place of a Borla renator, & hooked it up to my Borla exhaust. It has a deeper tone now & it scream's from a 'bout 4000+, & more snap too. I'd recommend you add a stealth muffler, w/ your header. [thumb]

·
Registered
2,484 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Will a 6" fit in the center section between the seats? the long run? I guess this is the only place it will go but will a 6" fit? Im thinking 5" ?

I wouldnt mind that one in the center or a 5"

I think 14"X6" after that.
The FSWerks stealth muffler is 6 inch round, just need to measure how much more room there is for additional muffler length.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The stealth is about 18'' long & there's room for a Magna flow#12646= 18'' body lenght/ 6'' round,2.5'' center to center in/out, Than add a like size muffler in the stock location after the turn's= above the rear axle

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
The FSWerks stealth muffler is 6 inch round, just need to measure how much more room there is for additional muffler length.
Well thats the one im going with then, since bespurcell said his was to loud running the 4" glass pack i may have to reconsider and use the magnaflow #12640 after the flex. Then after the first bend next to the tank put in the flow master #12514310 i hope thats enough but just incase im going to also order the magnaflow #14158 and have them stuff that up under the back bumper like bespurcell had to do.

Ive figured about $285. for the parts shipped or so and $75. to install it all.

I might also pick up some high temp red paint just for the hell of it. Why red? why not?

I also asked the guy if he could cut out the second bolt on section AFTER the flex pipe so i could get that 2.25 section cutout and a 2.5 put in there insted and he said he could so that should help a little also and one less place for it to leak.

This thing may not do much but its a straight threw design

·
Registered
431 Posts
The stealth muffler is 18 inches long, looks like there is room for a 24 inch long muffler before the exhaust tunnel starts to narrow.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You reposition the weight for the better is another benifit.

The stealth muffler is 18 inches long, looks like there is room for a 24 inch long muffler before the exhaust tunnel starts to narrow.
You will have no problem fitting to Stealth or similiar muffler's in line after the flex. 6'' diameter & 18'' long. The only down side is the weight of them, but the weight is at the lowest part, & you removed some top heavy weight too= that heavy manifold/converter.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts