Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So over the weekend I put on an ORP on my SVT and while it definitely runs better I am not a fan of the raspyness of the exhaust now .I know it was going to be louder which I dont mind it's just how raspy it is so I know everyone on here has experimented with this I'm looking for something that sounds deeper without the rasp so I am asking for a good muffler choice guys thank you

·
Registered
169 Posts
Borla was the best system, but they stopped making it long ago. People tend to like the FSwerks stealth system, which is probably the one I would go with if I were you. I had the same ORP on my SVT long ago, had the Magnaflow exhaust, and hated the sound at cruising RPM. Also,you could try a high flow cat instead of ORP, or just put a turbo on it, that'll change it for you...;)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol turboing is definitely in the near future but for now I'd like to build my own 2 1/2 inch exhaust I just need to find that magic muffler lol and a resonator if I have to and thank you for your ideas

·
Registered
169 Posts
I remember how much I hated the sound of the ORP. If this is to be a street car, I would go to a high flow cat and the 2.5" stealth version of the FSwerks. Doing a custom exhaust (unless you are doing it yourself) will be more expensive than a cat back that is ready to install. But hey, I happen to have a full 2.5" SS mandrel pipe kit I bought long time ago and never used. Also have a Flowmaster DBX 2.5" (maybe two) sitting NIB, and some V-band weld flanges, and other stuff from when I thought about making my own exhaust as well... If you are interested, let me know I can send you some pics.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts