Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have a 05' ZX3, and I already deleted my resonator(lunchbox). I was going to go down to a small shop to see if they weld a pipe from where I cut it off and be done with that.

But then I thought about asking them to also cut off the muffler and welding just a pipe there too, I'm not sure how much of a difference that would make so came to ask you guys first. [confused] Would it be any louder/sound better ? And would it cause any problems with me passing smog(live in Nevada) ?

Just a thought that came to mind and wanted to know if I should go for it. [:D]

Thanks !

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Loud - yes

Better - no

Lunchbox delete works out well, Factory even did it on some ('05-'07 ST for example).

Straight pipe with just the CAT's ? few would like that.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Mufflers not only reduce sound, but they also shape it. Most cars will sound god awful without a muffler on it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah, got you guys. So what if I have them delete the muffler, but then add one where the resonator used to be ? Or would there be a better section to put the new muffler in.

·
So mote be it
8,961 Posts
You have two places where you can fit one, the straight section or where your lunch box was.

Are you going to have them weld on a tip for aesthetics while you are at it?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
Of course. Is there any recommendations on which muffler to look into getting possibly ?
Get a 2.5'' ss system, like a fwerks, or just add a bullet(glasspack) to your stock system for a different tone.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ooh, a glasspack. I'm gonna look into that one. Is there any you would recommend ? I would probably get it welded where my the muffler is instead of the lunchbox.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
Ooh, a glasspack. I'm gonna look into that one. Is there any you would recommend ? I would probably get it welded where my the muffler is instead of the lunchbox.
Hitup your local muffler shop.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts