Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I was to change my muffler for a Dynomax Super Turbo would you recommend also cutting off the lunchbox? Or should I leave the lunchbox on?

And to save you all the trouble of posting...... yes I know I would be better off with a catback but it is cheaper this route especially considering the minimal gains from a catback.

·
Fear the TurboSnail!
6,625 Posts
I recommend swapping out the entire flex back exhaust. It is under 2" in diameter and you would do better with a 2 1/4 or 2 1/2 if you plan on going FI. But yes remove the lunch box. That thing is just annyoing.

·
Registered
204 Posts
All the "lunchbox" does is quiet down your exhaust. It doesn’t restrict the exhaust flow, but it is ugly to look at. I see that you have a wagon and unless you’re going to be heavily modding it, I personally wouldn’t want to have a louder exhaust that attracts attention to me, especially when I don’t have the power to back it up.

And as far as the muffler goes, I know you said you don’t want a cat back, but the overall quality will be better then a hacked and patched exhaust and you won’t have to worry about as many problems down the road such as the welds failing. But that’s just my opinion.

·
Registered
16 Posts
get them out of there! i have both the muffler and resinator removed and had a glasspack out on. let me see if I can find my exhaust clip for you.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
wow Norcal, that does sound pretty mean my man. Not ricey at all. Nice, deep sound and not too obnoxious at lower RPM's. Almost perfect.

·
Registered
524 Posts
norcalfocus do u have a link to the muffler u used

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I see that you have a wagon and unless you’re going to be heavily modding it, I personally wouldn’t want to have a louder exhaust that attracts attention to me, especially when I don’t have the power to back it up.
Most SPI's don't. But there are a lot of people on here with exhausts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts