Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want a good set of four mud flaps for my new Focus.

I have seen the big rally style flaps that stick out from the wheel wells and are not molded... These look great on some builds, but aren't for me... I want some that look like the stock/OEM molded kind but don't cost as much per pair as others cost for a set of four.

I would love to have them be purple... I will work with either being purchased in purple or painted to preference.

The goal is to eventually have them add to the whole TCU fan package I am working toward...

So I am asking for info, images, and such from you guys who can help. What are good and bad out there? What are my prices? If I end up painting a set, how should I do it to make it last? Etc. Thanks.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
To make the color last, you'd need to have them molded to the color you want.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
i like the ones from rokblokz. that's what i have on my car. cheap, easy to install and very durable.

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
I went straight oem aftermarket, installed myself. I had to drill like two new holes or something. Pretty easy. Atleast you know the quality of the oem and fitment will be perfect. No really good pictures though.

·
Registered
763 Posts
i like the ones from rokblokz. that's what i have on my car. cheap, easy to install and very durable.
Me. I'd swear by them now. They do stick out a little (which you can adjust how much) but that clearance completely blocks water/dirt splash from landing on the lower quarter panels. Greatly lengths the time that the car looks nice and clean.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
plus #rallycar. they just look badass.

·
Registered
952 Posts
I've got the Gorilla branded flaps on which are very thick. If I go 1" lower this spring I'll have to remove them. Be warned, I had the OE molded flaps on and didn't take heed of some others (twenty I believe) who made sure to put 3M film behind where the mould overlaps the paint of the bumper. With just enough dirt I can still see the lines left by the OE flaps and I guess I have to claybar those areas or something because I scrub and scrub and scrub. Meanwhile other people tell me I'm crazy and they have no problem. But I have that problem still. So, better safe than sorry!

Anyway no tips on custom molded to that colour, sorry. :D

·
Registered
976 Posts
The Ford ones look good and don't cost that much...I just can't get into these big mud flaps.

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
I want a good set of four mud flaps for my new Focus.

I have seen the big rally style flaps that stick out from the wheel wells and are not molded... These look great on some builds, but aren't for me... I want some that look like the stock/OEM molded kind but don't cost as much per pair as others cost for a set of four.

I would love to have them be purple... I will work with either being purchased in purple or painted to preference.

The goal is to eventually have them add to the whole TCU fan package I am working toward...

So I am asking for info, images, and such from you guys who can help. What are good and bad out there? What are my prices? If I end up painting a set, how should I do it to make it last? Etc. Thanks.
Rebeldevil.com Can get you molded flaps for under OEM cost. Email mike at [email protected] he will hook you up. Thats what I have on my focus and I love them!

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Opinions please

I am looking at rokblokz but I want some opinions. I think i want the black flaps with red decals but I don't know how the red decal will look with my paint since it is not a normal red. I also don't know whether I want the original length or the short.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have Rokblokz as well and they are great!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Here are the red stickers that come with the set. I've now took the stickers off .

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got the black with red stickers. I got the short ones because the regular ones are a little to long for me. I don't know about the stickers since they don't really match the red on my car. I have a 2012 titanium and it has like a candy red paint.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts