Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all. i have a delima, i have a 2005 2.0duratec focus zx3, and i am wanting to put B&M fluid in this weekend. i have 6 quarts, 3 of B&M sythetic trick shift ATX fluid, and also B&M sythetic Stick shift 75W90 fluid. i read that the stick shift is better, but reading my haynes manual tonight to see what i need to look for to change the fluid, i found in there that the MTX-75 tranny uses ATF, thus this is i am assuming that the 2.0 duratec has the MTX-75 tranny.

so my question is this, does the MTX-75 use ATF? and would the stick shift MTX fluid be better for my tranny?

thanks!

here is a link to each:

STICK SHIFT

Trick Shift

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
Either will work, the MTX-75 (as just about any manual transmission) uses the fluid as a lubricant so its not nearly as sensitive to the "correct" fluid being used. Just be sure you don't overfill it, IIRC the MTX-75's capacity is only 2.1 quarts. If you do overfill you risk getting transmission fluid on your clutch.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Real REAL question is wether to use regular or halogeon headlight fluid. I usually just use the regular because I have the HID fluid in my fogs...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts