Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So earlier when I introduced my self to this forum I mentioned I had a MTX-75 5-speed trans that was stuck in first. I was going to pull the trans and inspect it. I removed the "box" that the shifter linkage connects to. I think I may have found my problem.

Maybe you guys can help.

Here is what I removed

Nice close up of it out of the car.

When I move the arm on the left to the left the big dowel pin goes up

When I move the arm on the left to the right the big dowel pin goes down

Now here is where it get interesting.

when I move the arm on the right the dowel moves but does not turn the h6 thing

It looks like a small pin is sheared off where the dowel connects

Is this thing shot? Can I replace the pin? A friend of mine suggests a new trans because this sheared pin implies metal chunks in my trans. And that would suck.

Have any of you guys run into this problem?

Thanks in advance,
AndyF

·
Registered
288 Posts
I can't help you directly with this one but I believe I know someone who can. If I am not mistaken FF forum member skaddict (sp?) had this exact same problem. Try looking for his posts.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well I disassembled the whole thing last night. Kind of a brain teaser puzzle how it all fits together. Once I got the whole dowel pin out I realized the pin thats sheared off is actually threaded in. Thank god for my Grade 8 metric bolt kit I bought a while ago. Found one that threads in to the dowel and replaces the pin. I am still going to pull the trans and make sure there are no other problems. Ill also take some more pics and hopefully put this in the DIY thread.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts