Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there a better 5spd tranny that i can just drop in.... do they make bullet proff SYNCHROS... um.... a better tranny.... or anyone know how much it is to buy a new tranny.... i'd tear that apart put the new gears in... my LSD and yeah.... my tranny is taking a shit agian... i think the case is a POS but i dont know.... anyone can ya answer those ?'s

Smitty

·
teh tranny killer
3,130 Posts
Soaper said:
is there a better 5spd tranny that i can just drop in.... do they make bullet proff SYNCHROS... um.... a better tranny.... or anyone know how much it is to buy a new tranny.... i'd tear that apart put the new gears in... my LSD and yeah.... my tranny is taking a shit agian... i think the case is a POS but i dont know.... anyone can ya answer those ?'s

Smitty

they make fork kits and blockers in third and different items like that, the best tranny ive heard of for the focus is the kogbox..definitly a must have for people like us who are hard on the gear boxes..i am in the process of getting my third tranny replaced..good thing i get it done for cheap [:p] , but anyway, heres an idea of what all the kogbox has...

-New QUAIFE LSD
-New V6 Output Shaft & 4.06 FDR Ring Gear
-2 Piece Blockers on 3rd Gear
-New Diff. Bearings
-New Drive Shaft Seals
-New SS Hardware
-New Slave Cylinder
-New Output Shaft
-Transmission Coating
-New 'Slick Shift" Upgraded Fork Kit
-All Gears Syncros, Bearings, etc. checked and coated with friction reducing material

edit: yea thats the same guy who makes them

1 - 3 of 3 Posts