Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Royal Purple, Red Line, Amsoil or Wal-mart special? I'd like to smooth the shifts a little, and help it to last for a long time. I autocrossed this car for it's first two years, and it performed well. But it is retired to just being a daily driver, with 50K miles. So, any suggestions?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, how about a simpler question: are the syncros brass? My Neon wasn't, and Royal Purple worked great in it. My Mazda 2 had brass syncros, and I used Red Line which worked great in it.

By the way, don't spill Royal Purple in your car. You will never get the sulfur smell out. It stinks real bad. I didn't do this, but I read of someone who did. And it stank when I put it in my Neon years ago.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
So mote be it
8,861 Posts
Royal Purple, Red Line, Amsoil or Wal-mart special? I'd like to smooth the shifts a little, and help it to last for a long time. I autocrossed this car for it's first two years, and it performed well. But it is retired to just being a daily driver, with 50K miles. So, any suggestions?
The Ford stuff has been pretty reliable for most. It's even got some notoriety with other brands:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts