Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heard some people say they gof it to fit over, I couldnt... figured I would clear that up, any questions? :D. With a 3" to 2.75" coupler and small section of 2.75" pipe you could make it work

Attachments

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Heard some people say they gof it to fit over, I couldnt... figured I would clear that up, any questions? :D. With a 3" to 2.75" coupler and small section of 2.75" pipe you could make it work

Couldn’t get it to work for mine either. Stock one was hard enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no doubt

·
Registered
117 Posts
It takes some elbow grease and patience. I cut the inside edge of the hose all the way around to make it a little easier to get on and used oil and a screw driver to get it on. It will work just takes time.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I took my hose off and put it in some boiling water (nothing like cooking some car parts on the stove. It made it more maliable to get over the TB.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^Thats a good idea, better then cutting a slit in it, or other things...but it would still be better to not have that diameter restriction

·
Registered
29 Posts
Totally agree, getting a replacement hose is ideal. For meet It’s really a temporary solution. I’m in the middle of designing a custom turbo build so the whole thing will get torn apart anyways. But I highly recommend not cutting it and to not heat it too much as you could cause more damage. Boiling water is nice cause you know exactly how hot it is.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^^Are you buying Toms DIY turbo kit or making one from scratch

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hard aware from scratch but I’ll buy his tune and work with him on the tubing aspect. I have the turbo and intercooler already just need to figureniutnhowni want to do the header and downpipe section.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool, keep me updated on your progress... I made a turbo kit from scratch many years ago, was very cool...I kept upping the boost and using a rising rate FPR/FMU back then but eventually fuel system couldn't keep up, leaned out and detonated the engine, fried the pistons and rings....1996 Sunfire 2.2L

·
Registered
22 Posts
my engine was running lean lately at WOT, possibly because of this hose. Tom told me put the stock hose back in. I'm putting it back tomorrow and doing a datalog, I'll keep you guys updated.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^^^thats ridiculous, what would the hose have to do with that...are you sure Tom told you that?

·
Registered
22 Posts
He did, we're not sure if it's the problem so we'll see after the datalog, which is kinda unfortunate cause it's a pain to get it on over the 63mm TB but doable.

·
FF Affiliate
30,752 Posts
I have found some of the hoses with the short ram intake causing some issues with lean conditions at WOT , I want to confirm the issue by going back to stock hose and maybe air box as well , the MAF isnt liking the piping , hoses , filters right on the MAF like people are doing

Tom

Tom

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
^^What type of intake? My steeda has the filter sitting right on their proprietary velocity stack but it's got a channel down the middle of the filter like the oem filter (which also sits right off the MAF)

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts