Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is something I've used a while back on my turbo setup, it has boost timing retard feature.
Here is a link that describes the msd box
http://www.focusraceparts.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=7559

A programmable DIS-2 ignition controller MSD 6212
One MSD dual channel tach adapter PN 8912
Accel coil pack #110-140018

Everything retails over $800, I'm asking $425OBO shipped for the whole deal.

If you like to use the boost retard feature you'll need a GM 5 bar or 3 bar map sensor that the DIS-2 plugs into.

You'll need harness adapter 88812 to connect the MSD wiring harness to car harness, or you can splice your own like I did (I'll include a spare female coil pack connector).

You will also need a Serial port cable to connect the DIS-2 to a laptop for real time data adjustment and tuning. Software and starter files can be downloaded from MSD website.

Please send me a PM if interested, thanks for looking

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
wait wait wait is this boost timing retard feature like antilag or something? where combustion happens in the turbo instead of the cylinder?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2 Step and-launch control are interchangeable terms which lets you have a Staged rpm limit (2 rev limiters, one for max rpm, 1 for staging).
When active with your foot on the floor the ECU is still sending fuel trying to raise RPM, hence the backfiring and flames.

Anti Lag is something rally cars use between shifts that keeps the fuel flowing to keep the turbo spooling.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hi, does anyone have another point of contact for this seller please?

I know sometimes not everyone can get back to posts made on forums right away.

Many thanks Neil

1 - 9 of 9 Posts