Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 40 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
you should just change the thread name to what fits a MK3 focus. because we all know a MK2 duratec long tube header will fit and im actually trying to see if a duratec fidenza flywheel will fit the mk3

·
Something goes here
8,280 Posts
Good Idea, will change that!

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Are there any aftermarket endlinks that fit? That's something I want to know before I buy sways... I realize the market is 'evolving'.

·
Focus Addict
14,131 Posts
Pretty sure the struts swap, I've seen where somebody did it on here.
The lower mounting brackets had to be modified slightly and they still needed to re-route the brake lines but they were able to use the Koni yellow Struts for the front for a MS3 and some Bilstein rear shocks from a Volvo V50 Estate for their better rebound damping iirc.

·
Registered
493 Posts
So to clarify one last time about the MS3 RMM, it makes the car feel more connected to the road? Is there any noticable changes in vibration? All that is needed is the RMM and that bolt? (or hardware store bolt)?

I have a DCT so what changes would I experience with this mod? I am really concerned about vibration...I want none of that.

·
Ford Fiend
2,976 Posts
I doesn't feel more connected to the road. It makes the engine feel more connected to the car. In other words, when you accelerate, you will feel a more immediate, direct response to the wheels. I noticed no increase in vibration at all in my manual trans.-equipped car, just a more "connected" feel to the engine.

All you need is the mount and a bolt, whether you buy the Mazda bolt or a hardware store bolt is up to you.

·
Registered
608 Posts
what about the cosowrth header? is almost identical to the fswerks header?

·
Registered
47 Posts
The lower mounting brackets had to be modified slightly and they still needed to re-route the brake lines but they were able to use the Koni yellow Struts for the front for a MS3 and some Bilstein rear shocks from a Volvo V50 Estate for their better rebound damping iirc.
That was me. The strut does not fully seat in the knuckle but works fine.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I was thinking in the future to maybe swap to the ST brakes on car, Anyone know the difference in spec between the ST and Standard focus, I have an SE with the Sport Package

21 - 40 of 91 Posts