Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
The Professor
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Thought I would start this thread and maybe it will become a sticky.

1. 2007-2012 MS3 rear motor mount (OEM or aftermarket. Helps with wheel-hop and provides a more "connected" feel between the chassis and drivetrain. Better shifts as well.). You can order at local Mazda Dealership, the part number is : BBN-39-040 price is right around $40

1.5) Factory Mazda bolt: 9YA0-2A-226A will cost about $9

2. 2007-2012 MS3 springs (2010-2012 recommended). Excellent results, but if you want an even front to rear ride height, you should cut 1/2 to 1 coil from the bottom of the front springs.

3. MK2 headers such as F2 and FSwerks fit with out issue, just get the longer flex pipe when ordering.

4. 2010+ MS3 struts (with modification) and rear shocks. See this thread: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=291074

As we add parts, I will add to the list. I know that amoosenamedhank is working on putting MS3 swaybars on the MK3 Focus as well...

·
Registered
684 Posts
Oops didn't realize this was a different thread.

As soon as I can get my hands on a Gen 2 MS3 RSB, I'll let you guys know. The bar is $130 new so I'm hoping to get a decent deal on a used one.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thought I would start this thread and maybe it will become a sticky.

2. 2007-2012 MS3 springs (2010-2012 recommended). Excellent results, but if you want an even front to rear ride height, you should cut 1/2 to 1 coil from the bottom of the front springs.
Question. Is it just the springs or do the struts from the MS3 fit as well?

·
Something goes here
8,280 Posts
If we have the stock part number for something lets update the first post so others dont have to search for it. I added the stock MS3 RMM part number to post one

·
Registered
84 Posts
The struts look exactly the same. They will fit. I have no doubt.
In that case I may be spending some money hopefully in next few months. gotta save. But I seen some Raceland coilovers for the MS3 I want to try. They say they are for 07-09 MS3. Nothing Fancy like dampeners or anything. just threaded Strut shaft for the front to adjust height and looks like pring and threaded sleeve for rear.

Being part of the Scion community they have been a good cheap coilover alternative. For $370 they get people lower than springs but not as low as the $1000 coilovers (like the ksports i have on my other vehicle) and they don't have the camber/dampening options. But I know people who have been running them daily for a while with no issues.

·
The Professor
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
In that case I may be spending some money hopefully in next few months. gotta save. But I seen some Raceland coilovers for the MS3 I want to try. They say they are for 07-09 MS3. Nothing Fancy like dampeners or anything. just threaded Strut shaft for the front to adjust height and looks like pring and threaded sleeve for rear.

Being part of the Scion community they have been a good cheap coilover alternative. For $370 they get people lower than springs but not as low as the $1000 coilovers (like the ksports i have on my other vehicle) and they don't have the camber/dampening options. But I know people who have been running them daily for a while with no issues.

The upper strut mount may be different between models, so watch for that.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I still plan on physically looking at each. But based on your info it gives me hopes. I know few people in the Mazda world so maybe I can see if they have any stock 07-09 MS3 struts lying around.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Are there aftermarket ms3 rear motor mounts out there that we can use? I should probably not be lazy and reread the ms3 motor mount thread. Maybe they would shake the car too much? Darn it, i'll just reread the thread..

·
Something goes here
8,280 Posts
Lol read the first post in that thread would answer your question

·
Registered
47 Posts
Are there aftermarket ms3 rear motor mounts out there that we can use? I should probably not be lazy and reread the ms3 motor mount thread. Maybe they would shake the car too much? Darn it, i'll just reread the thread..
Any of the aftermarket MS3 mounts will fit. I find of the 3 that I have tried the TRZ delrin had the largest "night and day" change but will rattle your teeth out off idle

·
Something goes here
8,280 Posts
We all have em lol

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Mazdaspeedforums.org

Speedforums.org

The first of course is Mazda specific, and the second isn't but has a large group of ex MSF members.

Both of these places probably offer a good amount of used MS3 parts, 1st and 2nd gen, and a lot of the guys are both sites are great, with their exceptions, of course.

For MSF, you do have to join and donate to get access to the FS/FT section, their way to weed out the spammers and scammers, no idea how SF.org does their FS stuff, never joined up, since I traded the MS3 in for my Focus.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts