Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this forum and have done a lot of research on trying to lower my mk3. I have found out that to do the lowering springs I have to replace my front struts with ones from a 2012 - 2013 focus. Which doesn't seem bad at all but I want to lower mine more than 1.5". I did find a few threads about putting the ms3 coilover kit on the 14 focus but I have only seen them done on hatchbacks. Does anyone know if it is possible to put this coilover kit on a sedan? Here is the link for the coilover kit. http://www.racelandus.com/coilovers/mazda-coilover-kits/mazdaspeed-3-coilovers.html# I know it's not top of the line kit but I'm kinda on a budget and can't afford $1000+ for a kit. If anyone has either put an ms3 kit like this on their sedan or knows someone who has I would really appreciate some input. Thanks in advanced!

·
Adam
2,303 Posts
Hatchbacks share exact same suspension as sedan (ST has different one).

Just beware of what people have said about racelands, I hear they're very harsh. I'd save up the money for good coilovers/used ones.

·
Adam
2,303 Posts
I have KW V1s, which are identical to the ST ones (just one part is made of a different material. STs go for $900 easy on eBay.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sweet!! Thanks y'all for the input!!

Tylermittone where did you get your d2 racing co from?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I was doing some research on these raceland coilovers and I found this http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f12/raceland-coilovers-96230/index7.html read to page 8 and 9. People are saying they ride pretty good plus they have a 2 year warranty on them. I think this might be worth trying. Their web page says they have a 30 day money back guarantee. I might just get these and see how they are. Wish I knew someone who had these so I could see how they felt.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks sick!! That is exactly what I want right there!! I'm going to have to look those up!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1slofofo stated that the sedans and the hatchbacks have the same suspension. It's the STs that have the different suspension.

·
Registered
242 Posts
1slofofo stated that the sedans and the hatchbacks have the same suspension. It's the STs that have the different suspension.
Okay, I over looked that.
Do you know the part number? Or does someone know that part number? I would love to get these.

·
Registered
952 Posts
I've thought about cheap coils. Instead I'm practicing patience and saving for a setup I can be sure about the quality and ride of. Better to wait and make the right choice first than spend more fixing a budget setup later. Just my approach :) Dooooo update us with whatever you get!

·
Registered
44 Posts
i got some pictures on my sedan ill upload them in a bit raceland ms3 coils.

The coils are great everything work but one thing need a washer or some adapter to secure your brake line. I had mines sitting in a notch in the strut housing for some time now and everything has been okay. As a drivers you notice immediately the ride is rougher but passengers who are used to stock will not be pleased with the ride quality.

if i must say a softer shock might be slightly better, also it is easy to adjust the front, but the back is slightly more difficult if you do it regularly for track use.

My set up atm is slammed at back and front could be lowered... alot... it is set for safe clearance atm.

Also a Note i have notice from driving my mk3 was the way it set up atm is to reduce nose dive so it is lower in the back but that will decrease your traction even in dry weather so go for a slight but more lower front than back setup.

Long story short if you just want some decent coils you don't need to adjust mainly rough for a dd/track use these are good. If you want it all save and get better coils.

p.s. Also no camber adjustments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I like that!! Did you get the ultimos? Cause I talked to a buddy of mine who had the lower cost racelands and said they ride very rough. He also said that he had a friend who bought the ultimo raceland coilovers and said those rode a lot better. The ultimos are like 100 dollars more but if they ride better ill prob get those. Do you know if they make chamber kits for the mk3?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So I just ordered the raceland ultimo coilover kit. I will definitely be updating with pics when I get them!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sorry for the late reply been busy, i have the standard ones not ultimo's if they are better for ride quality they may be the best cheap option to go for.

As for cambers kits I sure the mustang front kit should work for us, but before that can happen we need an aftermarket strut bar for our cars because the stock one does not give you access from the top.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts