Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last week I picked up a 09 Focus SES Coupe in Vista Blue. This is my 3rd focus. Plans are as follows

Dump it
Steeda STS
3d Carbon 5pc kit
Stealth stereo install
FSWerks CAI,Catback, and tune
wheels to be determined later

Car is currently bone stock minus tinted windows. Here is how it sits so far...

·
Sneeze
10,828 Posts
Hey good to see ya man. Nice that you got back into a focus again. Good starting point there.

·
Generic Catchphrase
2,344 Posts
Love the coupes. Good luck.

·
Flipping Rockstar
16,788 Posts
Welcome back. These coupes look ridiculous slammed. In a good way, of course. Looking forward to progress.[thumb]

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i sold it last year so i could buy my house...this is my first toy since

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Very nice.

One question, I thought the 3d Carbon kit was for the 08 Coupe, and the 08-11 Sedan (non-ses) Front bumpers only?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah they have a kit specifically for the 09-11 coupes with the different bumper. It's a pretty nice kit. Hoping to have the coil overs purchased in the next few weeks then start acquiring the rest of the stuff

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
I don't think the 5pc kit works on the rear bumper though. I could be wrong but all of the images on their website show the bumper valance on a regular s/se rear bumper. The contours of the ses bumper don't match the valance they have shown.

In any case, you have the car that I originally wanted. Dealer I bought my '11 SES from had a blue '09 coupe just like yours but it had the cream colored interior and I just couldn't handle it.

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Ah, I see now that they have their images mixed around.

Their "sporty SES" tab shows images for an SE bumper, but their SE tab shows images for the SES bumper valance.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here is an update on progress so far. Owning a house sucks sometimes so there is a realignment of whats happening. So far I have aquired a FRPP drop kit, steeda STS and everything for my stereo install. Also repainted the stock wheels. Here is how the car sits as of right now

drop kit is going on this weekend with the stereo install to follow the next weekend.

·
Hmmmmm
3,706 Posts
FRPP kit will not "dump" your car. but it will lower it a tiny bit.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah the original idea was to go with ksport coil overs but due to stuff in the house needing fixed i got the frpp kit for now. i should update the first post

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Over the weekend was able to put my FRPP kit on along with my Steeda STS. What a difference it made in the fun to drive factor! Next weekend is the stereo install then time to detail her out

1 - 20 of 20 Posts