Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
I used one on mine for a while, it left a wired film on my windows. Other than that it did a great job on the car.

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
As long as you keep the filter clean yes, and you have to constantly keep buying new filters and the special soap. It was not worth it to me anymore I just dry it myself now, got to expensive.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
I used to use it but it never got a clean enough dry, having a black car makes it everything show up though. I ruined a filter too by using a different soap, so I ended up not buying any more filters. I still use the unit itself, I love being able to soap from the unit and get a good spray. I guess it was worth the unit for me.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
focusin said:
As long as you keep the filter clean yes, and you have to constantly keep buying new filters and the special soap. It was not worth it to me anymore I just dry it myself now, got to expensive.

how much are we talkin for the filters and soap? and how often for the filters?

·
Registered
134 Posts
I bought one a year ago, same time as I bought my new Focus. It has worked great, no water spots whatsoever. I also enjoy the fact that the final rinse is electrically low or non-conductive - I feel much better about rinsing the engine compartment.

Shop around - I have found the filters and the soap for around $4 each at local discount shops. I change the filters when they turn a darker brown, compare with a new one sometime. Five or six complete washes easily.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Today I washed my car w/o using the Mr Clean soap. I used Mequiar Gold Classic. I did use the Autodry final filtered rinse. As always the car dried spotless, but as focusin mentioned in an earlier post, the glass had no weird film from the soap.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts