Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Below are the calculations (pen and paper) for MPG while on my recent 1200 mile mostly highway holiday trip. I was pleasantly surprised with the numbers and the overall driving performance. The cars MPG seems to be in line with what was originally advertised. It didn't burn any oil or leak any that I could see from the dipstick. I still have the oil seepage issue but it isn't getting any worse right now. Those new Toyo tires provided a very smooth ride.

Average - 30 mpg

65 MPH - 33 mpg
70 MPH - 31 mpg
75 MPH - 27 mpg

Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light Automotive parking light Vehicle
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light Car
Speedometer Odometer Trip computer Car Gauge

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle Grille

·
Registered
691 Posts
I do a lot of around town driving and sadly get closer to 22mpg than 25mpg. I dont drive crazy but I am usually in the 80s on the freeways, so the wallet suffers there too...

·
Registered
337 Posts
I have a '10 SES sedan and those numbers are about in line with what I get. Cold weather and short trips bring the numbers down.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Your 2005 Wagon looks good.
I get about 32 mpg on my 2007 SE Wagon.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I do a ton of in and out of town driving and tragically draw nearer to 22mpg than 25mpg. I dont make insane however I am typically during the 80s on the interstates, so the wallet endures there as well.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My 05 ZX4 gets 24 in town. Don't know about the highway cause we never go anywhere far in it. In any case in its 140,000 miles, it's never been driven over 55 mph.

·
Registered
2006 Focus ZX5 SES Hatch 2.0
45 Posts
That's similar to what I get with my 2006 with ~78k mi, pretty much all highway 74 mi commute each way a few times a week. I always track fuel ups on fuelly

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Product Vehicle

·
Registered
420 Posts
I have been looking at these ZX5 wagons. We have one for sale around Atlanta. From most of my research the 2005 Focus all came with Duratek 2.0l motors ….. but when a looked at another 2005 wagon it had a Ztech?

I have a spare Durateck 2.0l from a 2008 and a MTX stick. I'm really digging the 2005 to 2007 hatchback body style... and thinking I might try to pick one up and swap in my spare motor/tranny combo. Might be cool to have a focus wagon with a 5 speed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts