Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Odd thing I noticed today while driving around like a mad man, The MPG readout never once changed to anything besides 30.0 MPG. Not that I wouldn't mind it being that all the time but it was working fine yesterday. Any ideas on what may be the issue here?

Montana

·
Registered
446 Posts
Odd thing I noticed today while driving around like a mad man, The MPG readout never once changed to anything besides 30.0 MPG. Not that I wouldn't mind it being that all the time but it was working fine yesterday. Any ideas on what may be the issue here?

Montana
No issue... Mine was stuck at one time for 2 days. [shameful]

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
I had it stuck in the high 29s today... and all week, it would move but not much... it was about 1.4mpg higher than my actual number after my fillup tonight, but that's okay. I don't trust it much anyway.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Just reset it.
Easy to do
When gauge is in mpg mode
Press left 'OK' steering wheel button and hold until resetting message graph covers screen.
You can reset anytime moving of standing still.
The screen will go blank for about the first 1/4 mile, then start in and off a little, but after another half mile it will be giving you more rapid updates as it has a shorter time frame to go by.
I find it cool to watch after reset as it gives the best indications of what really sucks up gas.
Accelerating from a stop, going up hills, and waiting at lights.. [bigcry]

Best to boost mpgs: coasting a long way TO a light. coasting downhill, and not having to stop. [giddy]

Some folks just get pissed behind me when I can see the light a few blocks ahead is red or going red. I immediately start to just coast. Natually THEY want to race up to the car at the light and stop rapidly. [hatchet]

I hope to make a few converts when we are still coasting up to a light and it turns green so we did not have to stop at all... [cheers]
(Well wishful thinking!)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Your Driving is just perfect!

Elizabeth,
I have been trying some of those techniques for saving fuel, and I also pissed off a few drivers that I subsequently met at the red light a couple hundred yards away.
When I come home from work, I am trying to calculate the point where I throw it in neutral and coast up the off ramp, but the turn is too sharp so I always lose it on the turn.
I have it down to the point where I throw it into gear and drive up the turning ramp.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Elizabeth,
I notice the same thing when I coast to stop lights. And yes people aren't happy about my gas saving ways lol. I want to say to those people behind me, "You do realize you are Speeding to a Stop, you are stopping no matter what, getting to that stop at a high rate of speed will not get you where you are goin any faster". Not only do you save gas coasting to stops you will make your brake pads and other components last longer saving you more money in the long run, which is what I think most of us are after.

Here's to saving gas and green backs. [cheers]

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Elizabeth,

Thanks for the tip, will give that a shot.

Bill3rAIL,

LOL, I don't think you would say that if you were anywhere near me, Had to clean it out after the wife driving it for a week.

Montana

·
Registered
468 Posts
Just reset it.
Easy to do
When gauge is in mpg mode
Press left 'OK' steering wheel button and hold until resetting message graph covers screen.
You can reset anytime moving of standing still.
The screen will go blank for about the first 1/4 mile, then start in and off a little, but after another half mile it will be giving you more rapid updates as it has a shorter time frame to go by.
I find it cool to watch after reset as it gives the best indications of what really sucks up gas.

That's interesting - I'll sure try it. Thanks.[thankyou]

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm glad to find that I'm not the only one practicing "fuel efficient" driving techniques. I've had more than one pissed off driver pass me as I've slowed down well ahead of a red light, hoping that the light will change to green before I get there.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Just reset it, I think it starts off funky anyways from idle time while they do detailing before purchase.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts