Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Poor for me.....my MPG has been about 22-24 the last few tankfuls, as opposed to around 28 in the summer. Of course I'm doing less highway driving right now.

So where are the people claiming 40+ this past summer......how are you doing now?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I only live a Mile and a Half from Work, So it Spends More time these Days idling While Scraping The windows than I Do Driving It, So my Mileage has Been about 16 mpg.

However On a recent trip to Omaha it Got about 34 MPG

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
thats not too far from a good city average. I mean, it goes down in winter usualy, you go slower as well usually, assuming ur in the northern areas.

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
mines in the low 20s now for city and maybe 28 or so highway
I used to get 30ish city and a bit more for highway

·
Focus "Sleeper"
1,619 Posts
I am getting 17.5 all in town, driving it very nice. I've driven it like this before, and now I am getting worse milage lol.

In summer I get around 22-23, beating on it, all in town again.

·
Registered
305 Posts
summer was ~30
now i cant reach 26

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
14-16 MPG in my blown SVT...good thing gas is freaking cheap again!

·
Registered
108 Posts
All the idling while so cold, and no long trips to the beach, just schlepping around town, so getting in low 20's, vs. high 20's in Summer, and mid 30's highway in Summer

·
Registered
3 Posts
Starting to get into the cold season here, this is what I got out of the last tank...

Metric (Canada) 9.25 L/100KM
Metric (Europe) 10.81 KM/L
US Gallons 25.57 MPG
Imperial Gallons 30.54 MPG

·
ELVIS LIVES !
2,553 Posts
Summer was 26-28 mpg.... winter is 24-25 mpg.

·
Registered
199 Posts
My car is bone stock. the first year I owned it I could only get 28 summer and maybe 26 winter.

After around 10k miles I started getting 32 in the summer and 30 in the winter. And let me tell you here in New york we have real winters.

I've heard that cars require a few thousand miles to break in and start getting better mileage but 10k seemed like a lot of miles for the gas mileage to inprove. Maybe it's the mobile 1 oil slowing down the break in of the engine.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I am still getting over 24 mpg in my stock SVT on 93 octane. That is about 90% city driving

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
My old naturally aspirated SVT would get mid 20's for fuel economy, but the boosted one is not nearly as good. It takes a while to warm up, and always is so rich on my very short drive to work. I may however be picking up a winter beater in a couple weeks

·
Registered
716 Posts
33 mpg. I just got the car and this was the first tank I went through. Mostly highway miles.

·
anti svt
2,731 Posts
I've heard that cars require a few thousand miles to break in and start getting better mileage but 10k seemed like a lot of miles for the gas mileage to inprove. Maybe it's the mobile 1 oil slowing down the break in of the engine.
my boss' chev truck when he got it new in 98 it was 50,000km befor he got better mpg and even then it was only 17 mpg at best

1 - 20 of 32 Posts