Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does a stock focus mp3 player plug right into the stock 9006 audiophile?

my 9006 is the second one in the car and is screwing up just like the first one did...8 cd's in a 6 cd player really doesnt cut it. so i was wondering if i could just stick in one of the newer mp3 players like out of the 2005+ focus'

·
Registered
216 Posts
I swapped my 6006 with the blau mp3 in my zx3, but then got an SVT with a 9006 and popped in the mp3 to try it out, but there is no simple way to attach the sub, and it kills the steering wheel controls.

After trying several FM modulators with my ipod, I found the SCOSCHE FM-MOD01 to be excellent; far superior to any of the others, esp over those that attach directly to the ipod. It hooks directly into the antenna input and disengages the external antenna entirely when enabled, so you get no outside signal interfering. Plus, it gives you a line-in to attach anything you wish, like a bunch of guitar effects, a casio SK-1, and a small mixer.

Another brand of FM modulator I tried that looked almost exactly the same as the SCOSCHE one was absolutely awful. It had the eq and amplitude way off with tons of boost in the upper midrange, so lookout.

Now I barely even use my cd changer. Just the radio and my mp3 player.. though over the years with my 6006 and 9006, ive become an expert at removing arfed CDs.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
aah. i also heard that the stock speakers in the doors are hooked up to individual amps also... is this true and if it is can the scosche fm-mod01 connect to the amps AND the amp and sub in back (all stock)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts