Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ill be moving to the williston, nd around the december/janruary time frame and help on showing me around the area would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i found one apartment complex but it's full so i would need to see if anyone would have a room to rent

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i'll also try any of the hotel/motels around the area "if" they have any rooms available or i could stay on the site where i would be working at.

·
love my red focus
1,793 Posts
welcome to the dakotas

·
Registered
224 Posts
A lot of people who stay at the sites commute from different parts of the state or neighboring states. The housing situation sucks in Williston, Stanley, Minot, Kenmare and probably other parts of the state too right now.

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
...so I've heard housing is hard to come by...

also, did you know it gets cold there?

·
FocusFest Event Team
2,362 Posts
beautiful area up there. I was there a couple weeks ago for work (in Minot and baker, mt). had to stay in bismarck when i was working in minot and stay in miles city in MT. it is def hard to find places to stay up there with all the flood damage and now oil work everything is booked. check around online and see if anyone is renting a room or maybe buy an inexpensive camper to stay in while you are there. oh and don't forget your carhartt's and an engine block heater might not be a bad idea if you're gonna be there through winter.

·
FocusFest Event Team
2,362 Posts
on a side note, there is a chevy dealer in williston that had a classic 69 chevelle ss and a couple other nice vehicles if you get board and wanna check them out.

·
Registered
224 Posts
oh and don't forget your carhartt's and an engine block heater might not be a bad idea if you're gonna be there through winter.
The only time it's hard to start our Focuses is when it's -25*F or colder, and they'll still start. Typically it only gets that cold during the daytime a few weeks a year. If your charging system is in good shape it will still start at -35*F without a block heater, just expect a slow crank and give the coolant and oil plenty of time to warm up before driving off. Don't get me wrong, block heaters do help, but they aren't nearly as necessary on modern gasoline engines as they are in diesels.

I'd still recommend it though, keeps your coolant a little bit warmer which in turn keeps your engine bay and battery a little bit warmer, reducing wear from cold starts. They're only $100-$200 to have installed.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
ill be moving to the williston, nd around the december/janruary time frame and help on showing me around the area would be greatly appreciated.
Nice, I thought about taking the plunge also. I grew up in Southern Cal. I moved to KC , Missouri in 1988. Worked for TWA at their overhaul base. I am in STL now. I think this is as far north as I go. Ha Ha . Moving there from Az, I see. Your in for a shock to the system. Next stop for me is Miami. Don't like the cold. Good luck. Work your ass of for ten years , and retire a millionair. Save as much as you can , and get in Haliburtons 401 k. I hear its great.

·
FocusFest Event Team
2,362 Posts
i don't know if there are a whole lot of focus members up there, but you might be able to find a local forum or something. there are some different things to do in Bismarck if you make it that way.

·
FocusFest Event Team
2,362 Posts
well too bad you aint up here yet. i'm on my way to bismarck right now and have some work to do in williston tomorrow. lol

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Weather update: Bismark, N.D. -3f. I think that was the low.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts