Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I took a new job in the dc area and I am moving down to Mclean Va in about 2 weeks. Was looking to get some good local advice on how things are run down there. Like what kind of things do cops look for/ pull people over for/ any differences in laws compared to PA/ etc. I just know each area has their own different interpretations of the law and looking to get some good advice from some people who live in the area.

Any foci owners in the area?

Zack

·
Registered
142 Posts
welcome to NoVA, its pritty smoth down here. cops are chill and wont bug u unless ur super riced out or limo tinted. not many moded foci in va tho i dont think

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
Remember, radar detectors are banned. And from what I hear, the 2 things that tend to get their attention the quickest is exhaust and tint. Not always, but usually when I hear people post their stories, its that what got their attention. So if you are tinted, check to see if it meets VA laws, and then handle appropiately (either by retinting, or just blissfully ignoring it. lol)

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
hey bro welcome to Nova... first off I can tell you that you wont see any modded foci lol. If you do please me know. I've been living here for 11 years now and seen only one. Cops are cool and the only road you should'nt really speed on is Ox Road (Fairfax side) thats if you even go on that road. But anything else let me know, i pretty much know the whole area.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Welcome to NoVA. Cops mainly look out for people doing stupid stuff. Drive with some brains and you should be ok.

·
Registered
0 Posts
From my experiences, Radar Detectors, Speeding in Highway Safety Areas, Dark or Mirror Tint, and HOV Lane violators. Also if you are from Delaware and in a standstill backup on your way to FocusFest it might not be a good idea to pop open a miller out of your hatch.[hihi]

·
Registered
41 Posts
tint it what you need to watch for, below 50% i think is illegal, i have 35% and im ok, i filled out a dmv medical waiver for sunshading :), i dont see other non-stock foci out there. I'm in fairfax

·
Registered
666 Posts
fairfax cops are the worst. mclean is crazy traffic on the tyson's side.

avoid Rte 7 for daily commute.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I've been in NOVA since birth. Like everyones said, cops are usually reasonable. Just dont be an idiot and they should leave you alone. I've gotten away without any tickets for over 6 years now. Do not risk a DUI especially in the fairfax area bc they show no mercy and they have random checks. So welcome and where in the area do you plan on moving to?

·
Fist Pumpin' Champ
2,891 Posts
BRING ME WITH YOU!!!!!! Im from Manassas, but i moved to NY when i was 5 months old..... lol.... IDC, im from VA DAMNIT!!

·
Bexar County
3,360 Posts
Use the left lane for passing, don't tailgate, and watch out for Maryland drivers that change lanes with no signals. What living situation are you going for in McLean?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hey all, i saw a couple of svt's in my two weeks down here already... ahh im living in a house im renting here in Mclean. No problems yet from the fuzz... my tint is pretty dark but I still have my PA plates on. Once I get the new plates I assume Ill get stopped for it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts