Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im asking for help with people who live in cali...southern cali if possible. i live in tucson,az where it is hot as hell in the summer. i have 5 percent tint in back and 20 in front. legal in front here is 35..never had problems though. i hear in cali no tint is legal in front? i was there last month and saw cars with some tint nothing too dark. a few cars were dark like mine but my question is. if you live in cali and have tint can you put how dark it is and if the fuzz has givin you any problems? i really dont wanna strip it so help me out please![:)]

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
According to this site you can have 70% in the front and anything in the back. So 20 is definitely illegal.

Now it depends of course on the cops and things, but I have 20% all around, got it done in RI. And the limit there is 70% all around (dumb, eh?) and I was never harrassed about it. So it's up to you, you can ride around with it until you get caught, then strip it, or strip it right away or whatever ya wanna do.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
70% is nothing....gah. if anything ill just keep it till i get crap for it....

·
Thread Killer
2,711 Posts
Keep your plates!

If you're registered in another state, nothing will happen. My buddy Jay is registered in Ohio and is smog exempt. If anything, keep your front windows rolled down. The back is fine.

Where in SoCal are you moving to? Me and my buddies meet up every Tuesday in Mira Mesa and we're always looking for a new guy [thumb].

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im going to coasta mesa...anywhere close? that would be awesome

·
Registered
583 Posts
I stay up in the City of Long Beach and I have 5% in the back 2 x and 5% 1x in the front. you can barely see out at night but in the day i have my rears up and my front ones half down. once i see a cop i roll them down lol but whatever the risk I have now is just getting a fix it ticket if i get pulled over. (where u just remove your front tint and go back to show them you did) anyway in my pics profile it shows i got 5% in the back and 50 in the front but I did my windows over because it was bugging me hehe. ill post new pics soon.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i194/magicleo2120/Image010.jpg

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
id say if you ahve a bill of sale saying you got it in AZ where its basically legal.. just say you moved and didnt realise it wasnt legal there.. whats the worse that can happen a fix it ticket or do you think they would really give you a ticket for "not knowing"? your call

·
Thread Killer
2,711 Posts
Oh they'll give you a ticket for not knowing...lol

Stupid pigs gave me a ticket for smoking on the beach, when the law past like 2 weeks before [mad]. I told them I didn't know and they gave me a $190.00 ticket!

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
thats stupid... sry, i guy i know moved from FL and has his windows tinted to the legal limit there and when he moved her (WI) and got pulled over for it he explained and they said ok... no fix it no nothing...

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
if i do get pulled over in cali ill try that one, just say i got it in az

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
i got 5 percent and the cops will not stop you for just tints, is for something else major most of the time... but the fine is 170 bucks, no fix it anymore. for anyone... kinda [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] up... but hey, i rather pay that then fry

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no fix it...thats so stupid. im going there this weekend to look at apartments with my girlfriend ill look around and see what tint i see in the town ill be in. if i really dont see dark windows ill just keep my az plates as long as i can. maybe use my moms address to keep my plates from arizona

·
Registered
269 Posts
My windows arnt 5% probably 1 under, but the cops dont mess with me. I have a sound system and orp, and they still leave me alone they'll; really only mess with u if u give them a reason and if they do they'll probably tag that on..

·
Across the Pond
1,746 Posts
Depending on where you live and what your car looks like, you can either get away with it, or they will be [:D] [:D] [:D] es about it.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Welcome to So Cal...home of CARB (Calif Air Resources Board) aka Big Brother. Tint is allowable on the rear sides and rear window, but nothing on the driver's or passenger's side windows and none on the windshield. That's the law. Here's the reality...as long as the Police can see you in the vehicle, they are not going to hassle you unless they are really wanting to be obtuse. Case in point, I've put a MEDIUM TINT all the way round on my last 5 new cars and never even been looked at by the police including the CHP. In fact, the place where I go for my tint, BLACKOUT TINT in La Verne, CA is where all of the local constabulary have their private vehicles tinted. I will also say that a dark or a limo tint on all the windows, or any kind of tinting on the windshield is an automatic cop magnet. Don't sweat it and welcome to CA!!

·
Livin' it up in Cali
2,005 Posts
I got 5% tint and BLACK tails and they still dont really mess with me, although I will tell you I have gotten two tint tickets over the past 2 yrs., one when I got pulled over for speeding and the other for no reason, just loud exhaust and tint.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i had 5% all around..and didnt get bothered for 3 years...then they pulled me over for speeding and they said that it was illegal...but didnt give me a ticket..just that i may get one from a cop that has no life...

dont think they mind too much

1 - 20 of 28 Posts